The New Raith Rovers Thread

As many goals that Robinson conceded I don't recall him actually having many blunders like Laidlaw vs Dundee.

I think the problem was Robinson was left exposed by the piss poor defence in front of him,and unfortunately he wasn't of the quality of oor Dov that we come to expect great saves as standard

Robinson isn't a bad goalie, it just didn't work out with us. Quite why Rangers have signed him with Bell, Simonsen and a youth goalie on the books is anybody's guess however. Still spending money like it's going out of fashion, clearly.

Speaking of goalkeepers, Kevin Cuthbert might need to up his game a little bit to prevent calls for McGurn to be reinstated....

As many goals that Robinson conceded I don't recall him actually having many blunders like Laidlaw vs Dundee.

I think the problem was Robinson was left exposed by the piss poor defence in front of him,and unfortunately he wasn't of the quality of oor Dov that we come to expect great saves as standard

Spot on, lost a lot of goals because of defensive howlers, the fact that he's 5' 1" didn't help though :lol:

I'm certainly not suggesting I'm the one that'll be making those calls for McGurn, he's been good thus far.

I'd argue he was poor for the opener against Hearts and Forfar's equaliser as well, mind you. Which is all I mean when I say "up his game a little bit". He's been good for my money, but the fanbase aren't renowned for being patient when a long-time favourite is back.

I know that it isn't you saying it Paco, but our fans really need to stop canonising McGurn into the patron saint of goalkeeping. He's been a fantastic servant to the club, he's made heroic contributions but Cuthbert has been fine so far. He's looked assured when coming for the ball, and has made a few good saves so far.

Again, games against Dundee aren't how we should be measuring success this season, but f**k me, that's pretty grim.

Incidentally, the game against Forfar is the only time this season we've had more of the ball than the opposition. Even against Dumbarton we only managed 47% possession. Now, obviously, possession isn't everything, but I think it says a lot about how our squad is equipped for a game of football. We don't have enough (any? Moon?) players who are comfortable with the ball at their feet unless they're running full tilt.

There's nothing wrong with embracing a philosophy that gifts the opposition the majority of the ball, but you need to buy into it wholeheartedly. We can't break with pace. It's only really Anderson, and to a lesser extent Stewart, who can really burst away on a counter attack.

I'm also not convinced that we're comfortable enough at the back to give the opposition that much of the ball. Hopefully we're either dominating possession on Saturday, or we're more comfortable in letting them have the ball and forcing errors.

Cuthberts done nothing wrong its the idiots in front of him thats sold the jersey apart from Watson that is.

Notice to the Raith Rovers board you have given a manager probably the biggest budget for a good few seasons and we are still getting pumped by any team that comes close to playing decent football, We have beaten 2 part time teams which could have went either way considering Dumbarton played us of the park in the first half,Dunfermline embarrassed us ,Hearts and now Dundee, What do i expect the happy clappers will ask, not very much to be honest ! a team that doesnt play hoof football,a manager that has more of a plan A, a striker that can score goals,funny we did have one yet was played as a bit part player and now is scotlands leading goal scorer, Maybe if the Rovers management decided to give him a decent run in the team he may have well wanted to stay.

Mr Murray look at yourself in the mirror, your team! yes the strongest squad you have had (quote)and yet performances have not been good enough lack of ideas, no effort,no goalscorer, no system its just a complete shambles, What do we get from you NOTHING! same old excuses , Go now because ive seen it all before in my 35 years as a Rovers fan. Meltdown over

Like i said in the Raith V Dee Thread, i would like to try to have took the Hearts and Dundee games with a pinch of salt, i dont expect us to compete with either of them, but i do expect some fight and determination from the lads, which isnt there at all .... Also conceding 8 Goals in 2 matches is absolute woeful & not acceptable in any way shape or form ... Murray needs to have a hard look at himself and give the lads a boot up the rear end ...

Ill remain optimistic we can hopefully beat Cowdung this weekend and continue our semi decent league form, only time will tell ...

Can anyone confirm that Perry & Nade both went off injured ? More injuries is definitely not what we need ....

Edited by ADMO

From the line up it looks like we played the same system we played against Dunfermline - punt up to Nade who heads the ball to the waiting defenders. If it didnt wok against Pars HTF would it work at Dens?

If thats how we played again it has to be goodnight Murray.