The New Raith Rovers Thread

Can't believe the abuse that young Ross is getting. He didn't cost the game against qos, nor did he cost the game yesterday. Tactics and numerous individual errors cost the games. Errors come from poor training. There is only place where the blame lies and that's the management. If you can't see it by now then you are either blind or know nothing about football. Or both.

Edited by RavyDavy

Can't believe the abuse that young Ross is getting. He didn't cost the game against qos, nor did he cost the game yesterday. Tactics and numerous individual errors cost the games. Errors come from poor training. There is only place where the blame lies and that's the management. If you can't see it by now then you are either blind or know nothing about football. Or both.

Agreed. And I think those giving Laidlaw stick would agree with that too in all fairness.

However we've got a club legend goalkeeper sitting on the bench while Laidlaw's started his 'throw one in every week' act again. It's inevitable he'll get the stick as it's such an obvious change to make.

I see Liam Fox getting stick above - I thought he had an excellent first hour yesterday. Surpassed only by Anderson who was fantastic all game. If he could cross we'd have scored three or four ourselves.

Laidlaw was poor yesterday and was extremely poor against Queen of the South. I can understand why Murray didn't drop him as he's probably trying to build his confidence but he individually is costing us at least a goal a game at the moment which given how shite the rest of the defence is we can't afford

I don't think tactics cost us the game yesterday. Queen of the South is a different story, but not yesterday.

We had a load of possession in the first half Ibrox, and eked out some reasonable chances, the Watson chance at 1-0 especially.

Start of the second half we also played well, creating 3 chances before scoring. At that point, the tactics had worked fairly well, arguably as well as we could have hoped.

After that it was individual errors, and fairly basic ones, but that isn't a tactical thing.

Conroy isn't a left back. As bad as McKeown may be that is a desperate measure by any means. Of course, if we really were going to have that 'bigger squad', then we'd have better cover at full back. Both our full backs are currently guaranteed to start as we have no cover at all.

As far as Laidlaw goes - if you chuck away goals you'll get stick and it isn't the first time he's done this. I'm afraid he's done at this club.

Don't know if McGurn is a club legend but certainly the best keeper we've had for a long time. Definitely a bit of a cult hero.

My thinking on the keeper situation is that McGurn might not be 100℅ fit, or indeed able to attain the form he has shown previously due to that injury, which was a very bad one - he's no spring chicken mind and is also part time. I think that may be the reason behind the signing of Cuthbert.

Ross is the future, he's still young for a goalie and has all the attributes to be a good goalie. He clearly struggles for confidence but it can't help playing behind that defence and getting rounded upon everytime he has a shakey game. Most goalies are prone to a blunder, even McGurn.

The problem is though that we are far too easily beat - that's nothing to do with the goalie.

The next news I want to see on the official site is "Murray parts company with Rovers" (followed by news on this mystery injury that Elliot seems to have). It's gone on too long, the stats speak for themselves, we've been torture under Murray.

Great player, nice guy, shite manager. Time's up.

I don't think tactics cost us the game yesterday. Queen of the South is a different story, but not yesterday.

We had a load of possession in the first half Ibrox, and eked out some reasonable chances, the Watson chance at 1-0 especially.

Start of the second half we also played well, creating 3 chances before scoring. At that point, the tactics had worked fairly well, arguably as well as we could have hoped.

After that it was individual errors, and fairly basic ones, but that isn't a tactical thing.

individual errors should be worked on in training. It's not as if these are isolated moments - they are happening week in week out and it's always the same culprits. That's management.

Conroy isn't a left back. As bad as McKeown may be that is a desperate measure by any means. Of course, if we really were going to have that 'bigger squad', then we'd have better cover at full back. Both our full backs are currently guaranteed to start as we have no cover at all.

As far as Laidlaw goes - if you chuck away goals you'll get stick and it isn't the first time he's done this. I'm afraid he's done at this club.

He actually can play left back, did it a good few times for us.

conroy can play at left back.... I would imagine he would be better at overlapping/going forward than static McKeown

Makes sense to me giving Conroy a shot at LB, he will still be available for set pieces which is his main plus point. Would help if McKay was to find his feet meaning we had him and Anderson as options out wide. Drop Laidlaw, drop Fox, get Scott in middle with Moon. If Elliot or Nade are fit, play either in a two with Stewart, certainly in home games

We all know what will happen in the coming week. Murray will say he is disappointed but worked hard to get confidence up, and worked on what we done wrong last week. And we are looking good goin in to Alloa game. He will play the same team unless injuries, and set up as 4-5-1 as he doesn't know any other way to play.

We will win by 1 goal and Murray keeps his job.

I would be very surprised if grant Murray is removed from the managers chair this season, the club will say we do not have any funds to hand to a manager pay off.

The only thing that can push Murray out is a heavy defeat from Alloa and or Cowdenbeath, and the fans showing their anger!

Cowdenbeath and Alloa were teams we struggled to beat at home last season if we do not beat them then we haven't learned a thing from last season.

Don't change a thing lads. Your season is working out fine and going to plan.

yep,above cowden

He actually can play left back, did it a good few times for us.

maybe we should try him there as he aint setting the heather on fire where hes playing

conroy can play at left back.... I would imagine he would be better at overlapping/going forward than static McKeown

conroy cant overlap as it is

Makes sense to me giving Conroy a shot at LB, he will still be available for set pieces which is his main plus point. Would help if McKay was to find his feet meaning we had him and Anderson as options out wide. Drop Laidlaw, drop Fox, get Scott in middle with Moon. If Elliot or Nade are fit, play either in a two with Stewart, certainly in home games

I would drop Moon before Fox. Moon has looked awful in the games I've seen this season. Conroy has been poor as well. Him and McKeown have made up a terrible left hand side of our team and its a pity we seem to have no-one else who can play that side of the pitch.

I would drop Moon before Fox. Moon has looked awful in the games I've seen this season. Conroy has been poor as well. Him and McKeown have made up a terrible left hand side of our team and its a pity we seem to have no-one else who can play that side of the pitch.

I agree with you on moon, I'm a big fan of moon as well however he has just been unable to replicate his form from last year.

I still think the work fox does is under appreciated.

Laidlaw was poor yesterday and was extremely poor against Queen of the South. I can understand why Murray didn't drop him as he's probably trying to build his confidence but he individually is costing us at least a goal a game at the moment which given how shite the rest of the defence is we can't afford

Just an aside but I reckon Murray could be a major factor in causing Laidlaws confidence issue, in that he dropped him last season after probably his best performance in a Raith jersey in the cup win against Hibs just because he had signed Robinson. I remember the look on his face when he came down to warm up in front of the South Stand the first game he was dropped, the lad looked totally shocked.

I think one of the problems with laidlaw is he doesn't organise his defence, we weren't conceding a stupid amount of goals with cuthbert in the sticks and I don't think it's a coincidence the defence looks a shambles now.

Cuthbert and mcgurn can constantly be heard barking at the back 4 but laidlaw stays silent, Watson even had a go at him during one game last season for it

Just an aside but I reckon Murray could be a major factor in causing Laidlaws confidence issue,

I think he's partially to blame for the rise of ISIS, and the wiping of millions from the Euopean stock markets.

Do the right thing Rovers Board, before he leads the world into oblivion.