Who's Going To Uni?

How can you possibly treat yourself with disdain? That's quite an achievement.

1) As responses go that's up there with 'I know you are, but what am I" i.e around the mental age of a prepubescent girl....

2) It's very easy to treat yourself with distain, self loathing isn't uncommon among those who seek psychiatric help across the world and really isn't an achievement.

Dusk. Was. Fucking. Epic.

It's exactly like I remember it from when it used to be Enigma, right down to the broken glass all over the shop. There was a bird there in three quarter length trackie bottoms. :lol: Good times.

Its the best club around IMO! :D

Pendulum's DJ set was unreal - the only problem was that they put Ministry of Sound AFTER it. Talk about anti-climax!

Simon Bird tonight - get fucking in :)

Unfortunately I doubt I would immediately recognise Supras or Exuberant - we'll have to plan a meeting :)

Pendulum's DJ set was unreal - the only problem was that they put Ministry of Sound AFTER it. Talk about anti-climax!

Simon Bird tonight - get fucking in :)

Unfortunately I doubt I would immediately recognise Supras or Exuberant - we'll have to plan a meeting :)

I'll be at the Simon Bird tonight. Look out for someone who vaguely resembles my Profile Picture on here, except with a very short hair-cut.

Did you c***s just show up at freshers week on your tod and just attach yourself to somebody?

I could never do that, for my freshers two years ago I just went with my mate who wasn't even at Uni, and knew nobody until about a week after my course started

You didn't live in halls then? I showed up at uni on my own, but because I moved into halls, I met folks who shared the kitchen, and so we did stuff as a kitchen and a whole group of us all went out together.

My freshers week was cut unfortunately short though. :(

Did you c***s just show up at freshers week on your tod and just attach yourself to somebody?

I could never do that, for my freshers two years ago I just went with my mate who wasn't even at Uni, and knew nobody until about a week after my course started

Spent yesterday mainly with the people who I know from school, but through them got to know their Halls mates etc. There was also a group Advisor meeting today for the Law School, so we were subdivided into groups for a Campus tour, and we got to know eachother a bit there.

It would feel a bit odd just to attach yourself to somebody. Usually it helps if there's some kind of previous link.

You didn't live in halls then? I showed up at uni on my own, but because I moved into halls, I met folks who shared the kitchen, and so we did stuff as a kitchen and a whole group of us all went out together.

My freshers week was cut unfortunately short though. :(

I bonded with a guy who became my best mate through a shared love of danger mouse, Everyone was in the same boat, no real connections to anyone else so we just got on with it, I'm still good mates with all of them.

Wormhole?

merely worms I'd wager.

Edited by renton

Spent yesterday mainly with the people who I know from school, but through them got to know their Halls mates etc. There was also a group Advisor meeting today for the Law School, so we were subdivided into groups for a Campus tour, and we got to know eachother a bit there.

It would feel a bit odd just to attach yourself to somebody. Usually it helps if there's some kind of previous link.

Oh aye, I forgot about the Halls. Still, I was living at home and was one of only a few from school who actually went to Uni and I was the only one at Strathy.

I dogged the first day of term as well because I was still feeling rough from a jolly to Blackpool the day before, so missed the icebreaker stuff too :lol: Never knew anybody until we were split into groups in the second week of term

Wormhole?
merely worms I'd wager.
Wormhole?
I bonded with a guy who became my best mate through a shared love of danger mouse, Everyone was in the same boat, no real connections to anyone else so we just got on with it, I'm still good mates with all of them.

I actually bonded with guy in my halls who became my best mate through uni because I threw him through a window midway through freshers week. As he was carried out to the ambulance, he refused to go until I had shaken his hand multiple times and promised that we would go halfers on a replacement. Its a good way to get to know someone, even if you are required to take the rest of freshers week a bit easy.

In my freshers week I only really met up with one person I knew from school and the rest of the time just went out with people I met from my flat or my block and their friends and usually got chatting to folk when we were out.

I'd heard that you make loads and loads of friends during freshers week and spend the rest of the year whittling them down to the ones you'll be friends with through uni. I found that to be pretty accurate.

I didn't really make 'good friends' with anyone from my course until the last couple of years. A combination of missing quite a bit of classes, going in like a zombie due to lack of sleep or too much drink and not going to any of the chemistry social stuff meant I wasn't exactly at my most sociable with my classmates.

Probably half of our sixth year are studying at Strathclyde so there wasn't really much of an incentive to meet up with new friends - well apart from the 25% twat content. Strathclyde's full of people from Greenock actually, such a clever yet unpretentious town...

Scanting for a 12 hour Tuesday. B)

Edited by vikingTON

I'll be at the Simon Bird tonight. Look out for someone who vaguely resembles my Profile Picture on here, except with a very short hair-cut.

Well f**k that. By the time I got there (at least an hour before it was meant to start) the GUU was literally full.

I know some of you on here are going to hate me for this, but I just bought a Law Society hoodie.

The amount of people who've already bought Stirling Uni hoodies is incredible. Including two people in my kitchen, who are otherwise seem totally sound. I'm a bit suspicious of them noe.

Aye, that's what we've been doing all week. Still haven't ventured into Stirling, hopefully we'll do that on Thursday night, even if I am up early for a lecture.

I've managed to lose everyone tonight, and I really don't know how. Thought they'd all be sitting in the kitchen when I got back but instead I found one of the really quiet girls sitting reading a bible. :lol:

Edit - and bang on queue here they all are. Quality. :D

Edited by Paco