Who's Going To Uni?

Fairly decent timetable, Monday is my busiest day with three tutorials and one lecture, I'm off on Friday.

Managed to miss two lectures out of three yesterday.

And the reading list for History is a book itself. I think I'll just borrow from the library as I don't have enough money to buy half of those books.

Two are powerpoint automatrons, the Politics lecturer makes it up as he goes along.

Edited by Supras

Not to worry, I missed every sociology lecture in the second semester and got 70% in the final exam. How much you 'miss' depends on whether the lecturer is a powerpoint automatron or one with a flair for their job. Richard doesn't even use notes. :wub:

I'm hardly in, but the times I'm in make it a b*****d!

Monday - Spanish 1-2

Tuesday - Sociology 9-10; Spanish 1-3

Wednesday - Sociology 10-11; History 11-12

Thursday - Sociology 10-11; History 4-5

Friday - History 10-11

Edited by The Messiah

The Politics lecturer makes it up as he goes along.

Barry O'Tool. Never a name more apt. The man's a Luddite with no structure at all. He's got his "five themes" that he "might cover over the course of the 9 lectures, refuses to use any form of technology more complicated than a pen, and won't even use the whiteboards...

Compare that with one of the other Politics lecturers who we don't even see for a good month, but already has course resources uploaded on Moodle!

That said, at least no one falls asleep in his lectures.

I was just out of my first Sources and Institutions of Scots Law lecture and wanted a pint to resurrect me from deadly boredom but it was shut :(

I am indeed doing Politics 1A and 1B. Law/Politics degree. It suddenly worked first thing this morning on Moodle. I should probably be heading to bed soon as I've got a 9am Principles of Property and Obligations lecture...

My Mondays are properly packed. Tuesdays and Thursdays pretty empty bar politics lectures. If you want we could meet up and chew the cud on all things Thistle.

Cool stuff. I'm doing Politics 2A and Business 2A at the moment, with Entrepreneurship 1A and, due to me being a fanny regarding resits... no, scratch that. Due to me being a fanny during proper exam time AND the resits, English Language 1A.

As a result, my timetable is a clusterfuck of lectures and tutorials, from Monday straight through to Friday (although tutorials, thankfully, dont all start untill week 2 or 3). Serves me right for failing a resit, though, just gonna have to get my act together.

Funnilly enough, was saying to some mates that I was planning on coming into uni tomorrow with me Thistle top on, since I've seen a fair few folk cutting about wearing Celtic or Rangers gear (hell, I even saw a Hibs strip at one point :o ) Uni needs more red and yellow around the place. I'll always remember the one time last year where I just arbitrarily decided to wear my thistle top down to uni, then bumped into none other than Gerry Britton outside the reading room. Was surreal, but awesome. B)

You still got your books from last year boyo? I may purchase some from you, when I find out what I'm actually meant to be buying. :lol:

I have Eric Evans 'The Making of Modern Society' or something. That and the Sociology textbook.

Edited by vikingTON

My timetable will make you all jealous, some of it is unconfrimed with bits to be added in, but its sweet so far.

Won't bother putting subjects

Monday: 12-1, 1-3

Tuesday: 12-1, 2-4*, 4-5

Wednesday: 3-4

Thursday: 3-5 (as announced, might not be every week) +1 hour some point every Thursday, not sure when exacly yet.

Friday: 12-1*, 2-3

*Semester 1 only

Add in 6 one hour tutorials spread across the year.

Worst case, thats 13 hours of lectures/tutorials a week going down to 10 (NINE) hours in semester 2, plus a fortnightly instrumental lesson :)

My timetable will make you all jealous, some of it is unconfrimed with bits to be added in, but its sweet so far.

Won't bother putting subjects

Thursday: 3-5 (as announced, might not be every week) +1 hour some point every Thursday, not sure when exacly yet.

*Semester 1 only

Add in 6 one hour tutorials spread across the year.

Worst case, thats 13 hours of lectures/tutorials a week going down to 10 (NINE) hours in semester 2, plus a fortnightly instrumental lesson :)

Not really.

Monday - 10-12, 2-4

Tuesday - 10-11, 1-3

Wednesday - 10-11, 1-2

Thursday - As Tueday

12 hours, Friday off.

I win <_< . I actually seen two thistle tops today, a short guy with black hair outside the Boyd Orr building and Exuberant was wearing some thistle contraption during the Politics lecture.

Not really.

Monday - 10-12, 2-4

Tuesday - 10-11, 1-3

Wednesday - 10-11, 1-2

Thursday - As Tueday

12 hours, Friday off.

I win <_< . I actually seen two thistle tops today, a short guy with black hair outside the Boyd Orr building and Exuberant was wearing some thistle contraption during the Politics lecture.

Damn!

I actually saw a Thistle top outside Boyd Orr as well, were we really in such close proximity without noticing?!

I was with another THistle fan at the time as well!

Also, spot the mistake in my earlier post, no point editing it now its been quoted.

Edited by Mushroom

Stirling gave us an Excel workshop today. I'm excellent with older versions of Excel, but not so with 2007, so I thought I'd go along to see what I could learn.

The printed notes they gave us were for Excel 95. Fucking brilliant.

So, cue the entire class's hands going up when the instructions asked people to click on the "Edit" toolbar, which of course isn't there any more.

What a shambles.

My timetable is not bad;

Monday - Seminar (11:00 - 12:00) Lecture (14:00 - 15:00) Seminar (15:00 - 16:00)

Tuesday - Lecture (16:00 - 17:00)

Wednesday - Lecture (10:00 - 11:00) Lecture (11:00 - 12:00)

Thursday - Lecture (10:00 - 11:00) Seminar (12:00 - 13:00)

Friday - Seminar (10:00 - 11:00) Lecture (11:00 - 12:00)

Monday: 12-1, 4-5

Tuesday: 11-12, 1-2, 3-4

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: 9-10

Friday: 9-11 ( <_< ), 2-3

9 hours in total, It's all right, except the Politics lecture at 9am on Thursday's and the hideous two hour Education tutorial first thing on Friday. That's going to hurt. Plus I'll have to leave early tomorrow as I don't have the first idea where my classroom is.

My timetable will make you all jealous, some of it is unconfrimed with bits to be added in, but its sweet so far

If you're staying at home then that's a crap timetable. You'll be travelling home at peak times most days and you've got a 3hr gap between lectures on Tuesdays, which is a b*****d. You've also got a few days when you have to go in for just the 1 lecture. Fair enough if you've got your own pad, but otherwise it's a pain in the tits. My timetable last year was pretty good - think it was 16 hours but I was usually in at 10 and finished by 2 or 3, and had most Fridays off

Do you still go to Clyde games BTW? Haven't seen you post in there for a while

Edited by Shawfield Stallion