Who's Going To Uni?

Another question, chaps:

Am I likely to find out from Stirling if I've met my condition before the exam results are posted from the SQA? I'm sure I read on the results thread last year that a poster got an e-mail from a Uni saying that he was guaranteed a place. My thinking is, if I don't hear from them the day before I get my results, I haven't met my conditions.

I do apologise for all this panicking, but I'm absolutely shiting myself :lol:.

Another question, chaps:

Am I likely to find out from Stirling if I've met my condition before the exam results are posted from the SQA? I'm sure I read on the results thread last year that a poster got an e-mail from a Uni saying that he was guaranteed a place. My thinking is, if I don't hear from them the day before I get my results, I haven't met my conditions.

That was an error on the uni's part I'm sure. You should find out if you got the place at uni on the day you get your results.

Another question, chaps:

I wouldn't think like that. I found out on the day exam results were received in the post on my UCAS page. I can't remember when the uni emailed me but it wasn't before that day.

My grandparents then took me for a congratulatory slap-up meal at Greywalls in Gullane. 8)

Anyway, good luck. First year is fantastic fun and starting uni is pretty exciting. Make sure you make the most of first year.

Edited by Enigma

Ye I think generally ucas conditionals isn't updated until after the results are out. Sometimes can take longer

Speaking of Stirling uni, we have a football tournament up there over this weekend

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

ONe is doing a PhD in law, the other in history. Both are lovers of gigantic tracts of prose, the verbosity and pedantic nature of a law PhD in particular will warm the cockles of Ad Lib's heart. They'll be fine. It's just us poor engineers trying to innovate the future with two lengths of sticky tape and a multi channel oscilloscope (with only one working channel) who feel hard done by in the PhD stakes. :P

I at least got to the end of mine without giving it all up and running away to work with wolves. Over the piece, it was worth the misery. I'm sure they'll be fine, but I wonder if they have any idea what is in store for them. :D

I at least got to the end of mine without giving it all up and running away to work with wolves. Over the piece, it was worth the misery. I'm sure they'll be fine, but I wonder if they have any idea what is in store for them. :D

One will undoubtedly do it wrong, while the other will be on the verge of tears.

We're becoming an awfy well-educated lot on here. I wonder if Div would be open to giving doctors free Platinum membership :smartass

I know, it's quite exciting to be going back to uni, even for old folk like me :-)

Start my postgrad on the 16th Sept at Glasgow Uni, commuting from Edinburgh 3 days a week might not be so much fun though! I don't suppose anyone knows of any travel subsidies/bursaries that can be applied for do they? I have looked everywhere I can think of but most are for overseas study/travel.

Ended up getting a jobbies degree after going straight from school at 17 into a course I hated.

Registered there at the OU with a course picked purely on personal interest - Undergrad International Studies and German. Even though it might never help my career one bit (although I work p/t in Policy/Comms so I'm hoping it will!) I'm actually really buzzed about learning for the sake of learning.

I've been offered a job which, when it gets started, is perfect for Uni. The money's great as well. Only problem is I need to undergo two weeks full time training (Mon-Fri 9-5) starting in October and I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do. Bollocks.

I've been offered a job which, when it gets started, is perfect for Uni. The money's great as well. Only problem is I need to undergo two weeks full time training (Mon-Fri 9-5) starting in October and I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do. Bollocks.

Speak to your uni, they should be able to work something out for you.

History at Stirling, Scott?

Having just finished, if you're an intelligent enough lad, seriously just skip a few lectures. You'll know yourself that you only truly need to be knowledgeable on a few topics for essays/exams, the rest doesn't matter a jot. You can miss three tutorials in a semester as well with no questions asked, so just make sure you don't miss more than one at the back of it.

If the job is that good and will help you out with your rent/studies/drinking funds, just go for it. It's not school, you can do what you like as long as you pass. I gave up on History lectures after first semester aside from the topics which interested me, or I knew I was going to write about. Plus first year is seriously piss easy.