Who's Going To Uni?

Anyone who says that usually end up as a taxi driver. An example of this is ayrmad

It really depends on the field you want to go in to. The field I am aiming to go in to, most employers seem to prefer people with a HND rather than a degree, so that's what I'm studying for at the moment. A degree is a good thing to have, but it's not the be all and end all.

It really depends on the field you want to go in to. The field I am aiming to go in to, most employers seem to prefer people with a HND rather than a degree, so that's what I'm studying for at the moment. A degree is a good thing to have, but it's not the be all and end all.

If you're a taxi driver, hopefully you don't go into ANY fields. Unless its the road that bisects the Meadows in Edinburgh

Any tips on buying books? Had a look on Amazon and they're ripping the arse right out of it. Are there any book websites exclusively for students?

Got our sixth and final flatmate today as well. Out of the other 4, I only get on with one of them and the rest are boring as f**k and seem quite content to either sit in their room and make no effort with anybody or go out with pals they already had. She's a good laugh so far so hopefully having her here will make the atmosphere in the flat a little less awkward because there's only like 2 people who actually make an effort (myself included).

Loving it for the most part, though.

Any tips on buying books? Had a look on Amazon and they're ripping the arse right out of it. Are there any book websites exclusively for students?

Got our sixth and final flatmate today as well. Out of the other 4, I only get on with one of them and the rest are boring as f**k and seem quite content to either sit in their room and make no effort with anybody or go out with pals they already had. She's a good laugh so far so hopefully having her here will make the atmosphere in the flat a little less awkward because there's only like 2 people who actually make an effort (myself included).

You going to shag her?

Don't buy books in 1st year. Massive waste of money. You won't need them.

She tidy?

1raeglc1.wizardchan.Sobbing-1.gif

Was registered on the modules for OU a few weeks ago pending the part-time fee grant coming through. Got an email about some induction day saying words to the effect of 'now that your payment has been finalised'.

Take it they do send out some kind of confirmation? Sent forms to OU to pass onto SAAS so maybe they'd find out first but don't want to get halfway through the year and find out that I need to find a grand or get launched.

Make use of the library in 1st year. The books you get in 2nd year I think will last you all the way through.

Advice I was once given:

Swats like to sit at the front of the lecture theatre but those in the back row get to the library first.

Get her rattled.