Who's Going To Uni?

Only got my Stats result back so far. Got a B3 and I'm really pleased with that. Think I may only have the one resit in August now. Seriously need to pull my finger out though didn't do enough at all in first year.

It's first year, how little did you do?

You can get away with doing f**k all in first year, you should be fine.

Na. If you apply before the cut off date you'll get accommodation no problem.

Cheers. Starting to panic a bit though. Just logged on to "mydundee webmail" and its blank, completely blank. Theres nothing, no options to do anything and i definatley had mail before. :unsure:

Cheers. Starting to panic a bit though. Just logged on to "mydundee webmail" and its blank, completely blank. Theres nothing, no options to do anything and i definatley had mail before. :unsure:

Think applications for accomodation at Dundee are out tomorrow.

Edited by Stella

How competitive is it for accomodation places at university, generally speaking? The day the application forms come out, is there an almost T in the park style rush to get places?

You'll get it no problem, but the earlier you are will give you priority on choosing which halls you want.

You'll get it no problem, but the earlier you are will give you priority on choosing which halls you want.

Yeah was just worried because im working all day tomorrow so the earliest I can start applying is in the evening. Do you have to have SAAS sorted out before applying for accomodation?

Oh yeah, got the webmail working. Panic over for now 8)

Yeah was just worried because im working all day tomorrow so the earliest I can start applying is in the evening. Do you have to have SAAS sorted out before applying for accomodation?

Oh yeah, got the webmail working. Panic over for now 8)

I wouldn't imagine it would be necessary (it's three years since I applied for halls), as not everyone will have SAAS funding.

Edited by SaltyTON

Got my results today, passed everything, got a 2:1 as expected, pretty relieved over all. Went through the usual paranoia that I had failed one of my exams (oddly enough the one I got the best grade in) but everything went fine.

Got my law results in. B1 in the big 40 credit Property Law course which I'm quite happy with. Got a C1 in both Business Organisations and Commercial Law, both of which are 10 credit courses. Would have liked to get Bs in those, but happy just to have all compulsory private law subjects well and truly out the way.

71 for Scotland and the Americas and 67 for Cold War Europe, so still scraping the balls of a First going into the final year. i wasn't really bothered about checking as I knew I had passed, but pleased that the step-up has been handled again. Need to get reading for the Dissertation soon enough.

Need to get reading for the Dissertation soon enough.

Good idea, I did all my literary stuff and everything done before I eventually started my project properly in January. I was in the lab doing stuff for months with no results before we got kicked out, but getting the literature stuff out the way is the best idea.

Luckily for you that all it will be, but you will get very bored doing it as you can't break it up with practical work (I tried not to use the word useful, sorry but I can't see the point of BA dissertation).

Surely there must be a better way of doing honours than a really big essay of stuff that has been written a million times by others? I mean, how can they truly give someone a mark based on their opinion - of your opinion - of someone else's opinion?

Does anyone at Stirling know roughly when the resits will be?

I've got a terrible feeling that they coincide with me going on holiday, and while I don't know if I'll be doing any yet, at least one of my mates also going has one.

How did you get on Dunc?

Does anyone know how to get a record of a final degree classification? I found out my results and final degree classification yesterday but don't graduate until the end of the month. Is there any way I can get a record of my result?

I'm doing a wee course thing next year but I need to send them a copy of my results (needed at least a 2:1 to do it) to them before I get officially accepted etc but I'm unsure how I can get a copy of my results or if I will have to wait until after I have officially graduated.

Does anyone know how to get a record of a final degree classification? I found out my results and final degree classification yesterday but don't graduate until the end of the month. Is there any way I can get a record of my result?

I'm doing a wee course thing next year but I need to send them a copy of my results (needed at least a 2:1 to do it) to them before I get officially accepted etc but I'm unsure how I can get a copy of my results or if I will have to wait until after I have officially graduated.

Can you not just take a screen shot from your intranet page?

If not, I'm sure registry will give you a letter if it's an urgent matter.

Can you not just take a screen shot from your intranet page?

If not, I'm sure registry will give you a letter if it's an urgent matter.

Thanks, might phone up and check if that will do.

It isn't particularly urgent, just want to get it sorted as soon as possible.