Who's Going To Uni?

Dunno about Strathclyde but in Glasgow you only get a minimum pass (D3) for any resist. It is pass/fail.

Ah right cheers, that's alright. I don't mind (although I'd like to know what I actually got in the first one) but I was really shitting myself that I'd only got 40% in it.

Starting mech eng at Edinburgh this year. Move into Sciennes in two weeks. Anyone know if that accomodation's any good?

A couple of my mates stayed there during first year. The accommodation is pretty basic as you'd expect but it's in a cracking location and the number of yahs there is lower than the average across the whole university. It's pretty similar in most respects to the halls I was in (hermits croft) and I really enjoyed it there.

Well Im a maths student so I've got second year maths courses down there but I did Russian last year and fancy keeping it on, so thats my dilemma. It was fine last year because everything was up at the central area but maths is at kings from now on. Do you know roughly how long the bus takes? What about yourself, what's your subject?

I'm going into 3rd year Civil Engineering. I used the shuttle bus a fair bit in first year as my lectures were at central and my labs at kings though I barely used it in second as everything was at kings and my flat was quite close. Its only about a 5-10 minute journey. If your maths lectures are somewhere like JCMB then its do-able depending on bus times but if they are somewhere far away from the bus stop you might struggle.

Starting mech eng at Edinburgh this year. Move into Sciennes in two weeks. Anyone know if that accomodation's any good?

Never been there myself but from what I here its just like all the other self catered halls at Edinburgh. I think that was my first choice when I applied for accomodation as it was really handy for someone split between Kings and Central. Like Marshmallo I ended up in Hermits Croft.

Going into 2nd year at UWS to do Events Management in Paisley, might go to Greenock and buy a Morton shirt just to be a c**t.

Just to let you in on not a well known secret but a lot of people in Paisley aren't St Mirren fans never mind those who attend the University. :P

MyCampus for Glasgow is hellish. I can't get the registration links even though I'm into second year.

Just to let you in on not a well known secret but a lot of people in Paisley aren't St Mirren fans never mind those who attend the University. :P

I knew that but I do like to watch a local(ish) team when not in Dunfermline and Morton appeal more to me than the Midden as everything about them just seems better tongue.gif

Going into 2nd year at UWS to do Events Management in Paisley, might go to Greenock and buy a Morton shirt just to be a c**t.

You don't need to do anything to be a c**t.

Still haven't got back to my MyCampus email, looking increasingly fucked.

I knew that but I do like to watch a local(ish) team when not in Dunfermline and Morton appeal more to me than the Midden as everything about them just seems better tongue.gif

If by everything you mean nothing then yes I agree. It will get increasingly frustrating every time you travel 17 miles or so to watch that guff. It must be frustrating watching Dunfermline already. At least you will be able to take in Dunfermline first and last game at St Mirren Park for a while anyway. ;)

Supras are you having trouble with registering? It says there has been over 500 new emails about problems and loads more still not solved.

Supras are you having trouble with registering? It says there has been over 500 new emails about problems and loads more still not solved.

I think I've registered, f**k knows really, but I can't complete my financial registration cause my degree is still marked down incorrectly. And I still can't enroll.

I might try my financial registration again today but I've just tired with it all. And I emailed my honours coordinator directly, I couldn't even get use the MyCampus help system.

If by everything you mean nothing then yes I agree. It will get increasingly frustrating every time you travel 17 miles or so to watch that guff. It must be frustrating watching Dunfermline already. At least you will be able to take in Dunfermline first and last game at St Mirren Park for a while anyway. ;)

Chin up, I can't see you getting relegated now, I've money on you to go down.

Not getting to many Pars games just now due to a health issue, I'd much rather stand in a place that has a bit of atmosphere like Cappielow rather than having my wallet raped and told to sit down and shut up and treated like a criminal. Old grounds like Cappielow will always be better than soulless all-seater stadiums. The SPL is shit and the SFL is where you occasionally get value for money.

A combination of split campuses, illogical shuttle bus times and course timings means im going to have to study either sociology or scottish studies next year. Im a maths student ffs! dry.gif

Are those your only two options full stop or the only two you'd consider?

Bit of both. Only two options from the humanities college that dont clash with maths and allow an hour either side so ive not got a lecture in kings immediately followed by one in george square or vice versa. Didnt consider any sciences because labs and practicals etc is not something im up for. Having looked at it closer now it turns out socicology clashes in second semester as well, so Scottish Studies it is. Which to be fair should be fairly interesting, but still. What you doing this year? After a lot of arsing around with timetab etc i have my compulsory maths courses, two optional maths courses, scottish studies 1A and 1B and Logic (its meant to be ridiculously easy) helping me scramble over the magical finishing line of 120 credits.

I'm going into third year to do Economics so had five compulsory junior honours Economics courses and once choice, which I think is going to be The Economics of Transition.

If you can fit it in and fancy something easy then I'd suggest doing Economic Principles and Applications. It tends to be first years that take it but it's open to second years too. I had done no Economics before I got to University but got 80% in the December exam then a B in the final exam with only a day's studying for it (I'm not saying this to make me look "mental" btw, I had an exam the day before which was much harder so cut my losses). I had the same logic with taking first year Business Studies last year but it was a bit harder than I anticipated and the lectures were all 5-6pm jobs which was shite. For EPA the lectures are 4-5pm which is a bit better. Some of the stuff is fairly interesting too (I thought so anyway).

I'm going into third year to do Economics so had five compulsory junior honours Economics courses and once choice, which I think is going to be The Economics of Transition.

Now your uni is just making shit up... :lol: :lol:

Now your uni is just making shit up... :lol: :lol:

Uh what?

Are you a bit spesh or something?

Junior Honours is the first of two years of Honours after which your results are aggregated to determine your degree classification. This is perfectly normal in pretty much all Scottish Universities.