Who's Going To Uni?

I've just realised, I don't know any p&b'ers at Stirling any more!

All those good times, throwing Gaz out of about 20 computing labs in 2 weeks, interthenet_jr coming round to watch the boxing, Enigma coming up to an Arbroath - Raith game and us having to stop while my car stopped being on fire, all in the past. :(

:lol: That was ridiculous, I was half expecting it to be some kind of big Beadle's About-esque prank!

Got my student pack from Strathclyde Union today. 90p for a vodka + mixer Thursday - Saturday? Died and gone to heaven.

Looking forward to starting as most of my friends have started college, got a few meetings in the middle of September then I officially start on my birthday. Fresher's week should be a laugh as well.

At the fives Twisteh told me he's sure you've taught him before :lol:

He kept that quiet, he should have said hi, I'm friendly and approachable!

:lol: That was ridiculous, I was half expecting it to be some kind of big Beadle's About-esque prank!

After about the fifteenth throwing out, I was starting to feel quite guilty about the whole thing. :ph34r:

He kept that quiet, he should have said hi, I'm friendly and approachable!

I was in one of those Computing for retards classes too to tick a couple of boxes on my course. I thought I'd said on here.

Edited by Paco

I was in one of those Computing for retards classes too to tick a couple of boxes on my course. I thought I'd said on here.

Oh aye, so you had! There's still a few of you dotted about I guess. I'd ask you to confirm that my teaching style is nothing like my posting style, but I'm afraid of the answer. :ph34r:

Oh aye, so you had! There's still a few of you dotted about I guess. I'd ask you to confirm that my teaching style is nothing like my posting style, but I'm afraid of the answer. :ph34r:

I couldn't possibly comment. You've got a reputation to uphold. :P

Glasgow's new system is a total joke. I genuinely have no idea how to add the right courses on MyCampus.

Yeah I found that confusing, ended up picking duplicates (which had different course codes and both featured in the 'My Requirements' section). Ended up figuring it out but I've yet to have any confirmation that I've successfully registered for this year or anything like that. Also, managed to register for seminars/tutorials for two modules but not the other four so I'm assuming I can do that later.

Yeah I found that confusing, ended up picking duplicates (which had different course codes and both featured in the 'My Requirements' section). Ended up figuring it out but I've yet to have any confirmation that I've successfully registered for this year or anything like that. Also, managed to register for seminars/tutorials for two modules but not the other four so I'm assuming I can do that later.

What!? Is that already open for all courses?

I'm going to end up with fucking Mondays at 9 because enrollment is still blocked for me.

I preferred Websurf, as shite as that was.

I'm going to end up with fucking Mondays at 9 because enrollment is still blocked for me.

This is the really odd thing. Tutorial enrolment gets done on Moodle, yet these courses on MyCampus (well the law ones anyway, I can't even FIND my politics ones!) have tutorial groups as well. NO-ONE has explained this.

This morning I got an email from the Uni anyway saying that my registration had been "put on hold" for one of a possible 6 million reasons. I sent an email to my adviser to ask (in politer language) what the f**k was going on, what was being asked of me and when and how I'm supposed to do it. It is at least comforting to know that other Law students have received the same email.

Cunts.

This is the really odd thing. Tutorial enrolment gets done on Moodle, yet these courses on MyCampus (well the law ones anyway, I can't even FIND my politics ones!) have tutorial groups as well. NO-ONE has explained this.

This morning I got an email from the Uni anyway saying that my registration had been "put on hold" for one of a possible 6 million reasons. I sent an email to my adviser to ask (in politer language) what the f**k was going on, what was being asked of me and when and how I'm supposed to do it. It is at least comforting to know that other Law students have received the same email.

c***s.

I tried that but my adviser is on Annual Leave till the 16th September.

And I can't get on moodle without an enrollment key.

Great. I can only hope everyone doing business is as fucked as me, because having shite times also means you're with the morons for group projects.

I don't think so, but I registered for a seminar for the first two modules I picked and it wouldn't let me progress without doing it, so I then assumed I had to register for seminars for every module but then couldn't find it on the other modules I picked.

It seems a little odd to chose seminar times this early though so it may just be the one subject that did that.

I tried that but my adviser is on Annual Leave till the 16th September.

And I can't get on moodle without an enrollment key.

Great. I can only hope everyone doing business is as fucked as me, because having shite times also means you're with the morons for group projects.

How do you go about getting an enrolment key? I thought I'd enrolled as I've paid my tuition fees and registered for classes but I've not been sent an enrolment key.

How do you go about getting an enrolment key? I thought I'd enrolled as I've paid my tuition fees and registered for classes but I've not been sent an enrolment key.

Eh, are you really asking me? laugh.gif

I'm entering panic mode now, and plus it's Friday so I won't be getting any help from the uni till Monday. And also, MyCampus is so frustrating to use, I finally understand the people trashing their computers.

Would anyone be able to tell me whether its worth buying a freshers pass? How likely is it that I'll be going to see acts every night?

Depends what uni you are at, and how much it is.

But I say go for it.

Would anyone be able to tell me whether its worth buying a freshers pass? How likely is it that I'll be going to see acts every night?

What uni are you at and what year are you in? If you're away to start first year I'd probably buy one but it's just depends on how much you plan on going out?

I'm away to start 3rd year at Dundee, in first year I didn't buy one and went to about 4-5 nights no bother. Second year bought one on the first night on a drunken impulse with mates only went to 4 nights so not really worth it. Depends on the line up Aswell I suppose.

I'm going to Dundee, going intro first year. The View and Judge Jules are playing...some lassie from the Pussycat Dolls is there and some other folk. I will definetely be going to see The View which costs 12 quid for tickets. Freshers pass is £49.50. I'm just concerned about buying a pass and then end up going out only a couple of nights and spend other nights going to the union or staying in the halls for a perty.

I'm going to Dundee, going intro first year. The View and Judge Jules are playing...some lassie from the Pussycat Dolls is there and some other folk. I will definetely be going to see The View which costs 12 quid for tickets. Freshers pass is £49.50. I'm just concerned about buying a pass and then end up going out only a couple of nights and spend other nights going to the union or staying in the halls for a perty.

It would also depend when you will need your Freshers pass. In Glasgow you need it to get into the union (and can't get in if you are not a fresher) but I suspect we're alone in this regard.

I've just realised, I don't know any p&b'ers at Stirling any more!

All those good times, throwing Gaz out of about 20 computing labs in 2 weeks, interthenet_jr coming round to watch the boxing, Enigma coming up to an Arbroath - Raith game and us having to stop while my car stopped being on fire, all in the past. :(

My son starts in Stirling early september :D