Who's Going To Uni?

One of the tutors I have this year is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen. If this woman isn't a VL then my name's Roger Moore.

I think they're ripping the pish in another of my tutorials, there are people in it with the surnames "Wang" and "Poon". I got a cheap laugh out of it.

Pics?

Who on here is studying engineering ? and at what Uni ? Currently writing my personal statement for UCAS and engineering is the only subject thats really catching my eye would like to here from any current engineering students and if there enjoying the course?

I'm doing Civil Engineering at Strathclyde, I've just started third year.

I'm enjoying it, there's quite a few shit boring classes, ones that you don't really think you need to be doing(I've had classes on water engineering, environmental stuff and geological engineering when I think I'll end up in the structural side of engineering) but you just need to persevere, I suppose.

What engineering were you planning on doing?

Who on here is studying engineering ? and at what Uni ? Currently writing my personal statement for UCAS and engineering is the only subject thats really catching my eye would like to here from any current engineering students and if there enjoying the course?

I've just started my third year of Civil Engineering at Edinburgh. I'm also enjoying it. :)

I finally contacted SAAS but, and I have defended them in the past, but what the f**k kind of situation is this?

I asked why I hadn't been given any bursary for this year despite being entitled to £753 and offered to send a new pay slip for this year.

"No we require a P60 for the 2010-2011 term."

"Eh, but you gave me a bursary for that."

"It was provisional."

"...You paid me it."

"Yeah, but we still want to confirm the amount."

:unsure:

My parents pay situation is complicated but I can't but feel whatever it is for that period it will be below the £1800 I was actually given, so, uh, can they just take it off me? What if I don't have it? Isn't a bit shit that at no point prior to today did I have any knowledge of the bursary being "provisional"? They made no mention of it on any communication they had with me and I had to contact them to find it out.

Is the amount I will recieve over the next two years greater or less than the amount I can stand to lose by complying with this request?

What the f**k are they actually doing? :blink:

I think vikingTON is doing engineering.. I'm also doing my personal statement just now.

Edited by Lichtieforlife

i've spent about a week in my halls and have yet to meet 2 of my flatmates. this isn't even down to a lack of effort on my part, every time i knock on their doors they're not in. i even hung about during a fire alarm so that i could try and intercept them, but still nothing. they will meet me one day whether they like it or not.

What block you in Bullywee? I'm having the same experience. I know one of my flatmates from last year as he was a flatmate in halls. The other two rarely make an appearance. One of them is French and he's just here for the year so I was expecting that he would be right up for doing stuff, but he very rarely leaves his room unless it's for lectures or to do whatever sport he does. The other boy is Chinese and makes a mess in the kitchen then fucks off to his room for the entire day, then doesn't like being told that he should clean up his own mess. Neither of them talk to each other or want to do anything. Everytime you knock on their doors they're not up for anything. I do eveything int he kitchen just to ensure I can get a conversation out of them :lol:

Thankfully I have a mate in the other block who has a balcony, so a wee trip over there every so often is glorious.

I think vikingTON is doing engineering.. I'm also doing my personal statement just now.

What you planning on doing Lichtie? My brother is doing his application just now as well.

You should know, you go to Strathclyde.

I lol'd, and I go to Strathclyde.

Talking of the Engineering Faculty, what the fuck is that giant thing outside the McCance and James Weir? My first instinct was that they were attempting to build the Epcot Golf Ball but gave up half way through.