Who's Going To Uni?

Got a presentation to do for Friday and a report for Monday, both part of an assignment where we have to design a building, based on a brief given to us.

Our's isn't going well though. We're all mates but one of the guys is being a total dickhead and just not doing the work. Classes started at 10 this morning(Wednesday) and normally finish at 12 but the second hour was cancelled so at 11 we decided to meet up and try and get some more of it done and try and finish the presentation at least. Three of us do at least, the other guy strolls in at like 12:30, having still not done the work he was supposed to do for last Friday. Then one of the guys leaves at 1 to go play tennis and says that he'll be back at 4.30 and we can continue the work then(it's not too bad as he's done the most work out of the whole group). The guy who arrived at 12.30 then leaves at 2(having done nothing in the hour+ he was there) to go to his former work to hand in his uniform and get a p45 form(or something), he says he'll be an hour. He then gets checked in on facebook that he was "shopping" with two of his friends(I recognized the names) and he then comes back at like 5.30. I called him on being late at 12.30 and he said "eat a dick" and then when he strolled in at 5.30, I really tore into him and he honestly looked like he was gonna cry. He better fucking put the work in on the report or I'm gonna lose it.

Christ.

I'm hoping that doesn't happen with the group I'm in for the project we're about to start. I was in a three with a couple of my pals but we've been given a fourth guy who is an absolute tosser. Every tutorial group I'm seems to have one guy (usually foreign or English) who attends no lectures but thinks they know the whole course from stuff they did at their boarding school when they were 13. This is the guy we've been given. He was a w**k in the first tutorial, telling me I was wrong on all the basic stuff and refusing to accept my explanations (complete with my notes). He better not be such a c**t on this.

Got all my Class Tests out of the way over the past week. 2 of them were fine, should get decent marks for those. 1 of them was an absolute shiter just my luck that this year is the year they choose to change the format and content of the test.

Enjoying this year more than 1st year probably because I punted Computing Science. So far the work hasn't been too challenging and aside from one of the Stats courses I should do pretty well.

Who is your tutor for your stats tutorials? One of the girls in my office is taking a 2nd year group?

I wonder about the registry at this University sometimes. The exam timetable has just come out for the winter exam diet. I have two exams, and they've decided to give me one of them on a Saturday afternoon from half 2 until 4. My flatmate has all 3 of his in the first 3 days (there were 9 possible dates). Another of my mates has 2 exams on the last day of the whole diet.

I wonder about the registry at this University sometimes. The exam timetable has just come out for the winter exam diet. I have two exams, and they've decided to give me one of them on a Saturday afternoon from half 2 until 4. My flatmate has all 3 of his in the first 3 days (there were 9 possible dates). Another of my mates has 2 exams on the last day of the whole diet.

In my eight semesters at Stirling I didn't have one where I didn't have two consecutive exams.

In my eight semesters at Stirling I didn't have one where I didn't have two consecutive exams.

I went to Glasgow and neither did I. I even knew people that had two honours exams in the same day.

I never really worried about exams themselves but I still have dreams/nightmares about getting the date/time/place of my final exams wrong and missing them.

I have no exams this semester - well, one "class test". It just means I'll have 4 next semester and 2 of those I will have studied this semester. It's fucking incredibly stupid, and apparently applies all across the university for all honours courses. WHY?!

Also, I spent ages on an internship application where the deadline was 28th October at 12:00 pm. Now, perhaps naively, I thought fine it was Friday at midnight, fairly reasonable time but no it closed on the Thursday dry.gif.

Feel fucking stupid but I'm going to do some proper grovelling at Strathclyde business school on Monday to see if they'll take a look. Took me fucking ages.

<<<<<<Idiot.

Edited by Supras

I have no exams this semester - well, one "class test". It just means I'll have 4 next semester and 2 of those I will have studied this semester. It's fucking incredibly stupid, and apparently applies all across the university for all honours courses. WHY?!

In the real world you are suppose to be an authority in your area of expertise more than 6 months after you studied it.

Is it a 12 block honours programme? If so, I hope you are in your final year because its not a good idea to 3x2 plus the dissertation in the final year.

In the real world you are suppose to be an authority in your area of expertise more than 6 months after you studied it.

Is it a 12 block honours programme? If so, I hope you are in your final year because its not a good idea to 3x2 plus the dissertation in the final year.

True but you don't necessarily need to remember the specifics of your course. And if you're going by that logic, why not just do it 5 years after learning it? It would make far more sense to do the exam in the semester you study it.

Don't quite understand....but no I'm still only third year (I can't use "junior honours" now) but this year will still contribute 50% of my overall degree classification.

I only have 4 exams because my two other subjects are 100% coursework.

Glasgow's honours courses have exams in the May diet pretty much regardless of whether or not all the teaching takes place in the first semester. It means the only exams I have in December are level 1 and 2 law courses, with December instead being an essay deadline for honours courses.

According to the registry website our exam timetable isn't being released until the week beginning 14th November. Little over 3 weeks notice before the exams start is mildly irritating.

6k group report on Armenia's human rights record and a 2k politics essay the only big things on my radar for December, but we've got a 3k human rights assignment to do over the holidays too.

I've got an email this morning saying when we have been told our exams could be wrong. I'm hoping mine don't change as for once the exam timetable seems to have been decent to me: Monday 12th, Wednesday 14th, Friday 16th, Saturday 17th and Monday 19th. Considering I have 5 exams and our examination diet only lasts 10 days thats about as good as I could have hoped for.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask but if I asked it in the QQ thread then it's bound to get trolled, but the people who view this thread are usually pretty serious with their answers.

Basically, it's recently come to light that someone in my year has been put on the sex offenders' register, and it's for pretty much the worst sorta offense. He's still in the year but my question is, should the uni not have notified the students? I mean, it's a pretty big thing and I thought he'd have had to mention it, or the year advisor would've. I'm not expecting anyone to have went through this before but any insight would be helpful.

I don't want to get into specifics or a bitchfest but I would like some clarification if it's available.

Your mates have shite exam dates. My two marketing modules were originally scheduled for the 8th. One from 9-12 and the other 2-5. Luckily, one of them got changed. My exam timetable now reads 7th, 8th and 14th which is ok.