Who's Going To Uni?

I'm the only Scottish male in my whole stairwell at Edinburgh. The banter is shite.

:lol:

History at Stirling is very entertaining. Journalism is boring as shit. Global Cinema is pretentious tosh.

What does Global Cinema involve? A critical analysis of the cinematography from films around the world?

Anyhoo, on a trip to the library today (which was a complete waste of time because the book that was apparently there was nowhere to be found) I saw someone browsing P&B. I did not go over and say "Hello, I'm also from the internet". It probably would have been more than a bit awkward.

:lol:

What does Global Cinema involve? A critical analysis of the cinematography from films around the world?

Anyhoo, on a trip to the library today (which was a complete waste of time because the book that was apparently there was nowhere to be found) I saw someone browsing P&B. I did not go over and say "Hello, I'm also from the internet". It probably would have been more than a bit awkward.

Got it in one. There is a girl from my class who I can imagine would only laugh ironically. She's brilliant at the subject but she's deep up her own arse.

i've spent about a week in my halls and have yet to meet 2 of my flatmates. this isn't even down to a lack of effort on my part, every time i knock on their doors they're not in. i even hung about during a fire alarm so that i could try and intercept them, but still nothing. they will meet me one day whether they like it or not.

i've spent about a week in my halls and have yet to meet 2 of my flatmates. this isn't even down to a lack of effort on my part, every time i knock on their doors they're not in. i even hung about during a fire alarm so that i could try and intercept them, but still nothing. they will meet me one day whether they like it or not.

What you doing at uni?

Stupid question, but are you sure they're actually occupied?

Stupid question, but are you sure they're actually occupied?

yeah, i was really late in confirming my booking, but with unite you can log in and see the profiles of the people you stay with, and all 5 rooms are definitely occupied.

i don't know whether to keep it going as it is and rely on a chance meeting or just knock on their doors at a fairly unsociable hour and hope my excellent patter can win them over

yeah, i was really late in confirming my booking, but with unite you can log in and see the profiles of the people you stay with, and all 5 rooms are definitely occupied.

i don't know whether to keep it going as it is and rely on a chance meeting or just knock on their doors at a fairly unsociable hour and hope my excellent patter can win them over

I take it it's Buchanan View you're staying in?

Which building is it? (big or small, IDK the numbers)

That is strange. Alot of flats have one ghost, never heard of one with two ghosts though!

The flatmates you have found met them?

Edited by Mushroom

I take it it's Buchanan View you're staying in?

Which building is it? (big or small, IDK the numbers)

nah, blackfriars, i did come close to staying in buchanan view though

That is strange. Alot of flats have one ghost, never heard of one with two ghosts though!

The flatmates you have found met them?

yeah, the first guy i met said they were nice. that is all the information i have managed to compile about the people i am living with.

maybe i'm the ghost

yeah, the first guy i met said they were nice. that is all the information i have managed to compile about the people i am living with.

maybe i'm the ghost

Maybe you've been dead all along. ohmy.gif

maybe i'm the ghost

laugh.gif

Do you write your name on your food? Do you eat dinner in your room? In that case you are defo a ghost. tongue.gif

FAO people studying at Stirling... I'm in second year and have chosen to study 3 modules. I recently decided that I want to drop out of computer science in order to concentrate more fully on my other 2 modules but I seem to have missed the deadline by about a week. If I just don't go to the module and fail it, will this affect me in the future? I passed everything in first year.

FAO people studying at Stirling... I'm in second year and have chosen to study 3 modules. I recently decided that I want to drop out of computer science in order to concentrate more fully on my other 2 modules but I seem to have missed the deadline by about a week. If I just don't go to the module and fail it, will this affect me in the future? I passed everything in first year.

Had enough of being taught by Claire have you?

You should be okay, as long as it isn't a requirement of your major, and as long as you don't fail anything else. Really though, I would recommend you keep it as its a damn handy insurance in case anything else goes wrong. Dropping that module gives you zero margin for error. You should be able to withdraw from it though, I think the deadline just means you can't take another one...but really, I'd recommend keeping with it tbh. If you can't concentrate on 3 second year modules, you probably shouldn't be at uni.

Edited to add, its not a hard unit to pass, and if you fail, it WILL show up on your record as such.

Edited by xbl

One of the tutors I have this year is one of the ugliest people I have ever seen. If this woman isn't a VL then my name's Roger Moore.

I think they're ripping the pish in another of my tutorials, there are people in it with the surnames "Wang" and "Poon". I got a cheap laugh out of it.