Who's Going To Uni?

'Which 14th century cleric......'

'Edinburgh, Ronaldo!'

'Jocky Scott?'

"Exploration in Scott's Antarctic expedition...."

"UNIVERSITY OF EDINBURGH RONALDO"

"Alan Lowing's Naked Chipmunk Girlfriend"

"Correct here are your three bonus questions"

Usually I am a committed non-contributer in tutorials but today I had an econometrics tutorial where only 4 people attended out of 20. It was two hours long and the duration of the time required a decent degree of interaction. I ended up answering about 95% of the questions. It was brutal.

I guess we'll cross that bridge if it comes to it. Creating a lot of bother? I don't care about causing bother with him since it will affect my work in the group.

To be honest it's you that has the problem with him. You're attitude is what will affect your work. Sounds like you're a great team player though :rolleyes:

Edited by Enigma

Just got an email about the University Challenge trials for my uni. While going along would make me a massive nerd, going on University Challenge would be outrageously cool. If only to meet Paxman and punch him in his obnoxious, Scotland-hating pus.

I thought about going along to Napier's trial, pretty sure they've never made the actual show. :lol: :lol:

I actually love UC, it's brilliant especially sitting with others and it's only you that answer any of the questions.

Usually I am a committed non-contributer in tutorials but today I had an econometrics tutorial where only 4 people attended out of 20. It was two hours long and the duration of the time required a decent degree of interaction. I ended up answering about 95% of the questions. It was brutal.

I hope this has reinforced your status as a non-contributor. Leave that to the dweebs.

I don't know, maybe he should've thought about that(him not becoming a social outcast) before he decided to try and get involved with a 13 year old. I wasn't worried about the year, I was wondering about whether we should've known, honestly, I don't care about whether about 80% of my year(probably less tbh but I don't know the numbers). It was more some of them might've shared info with him, personal stuff that you might not tell a paedophile if you knew he was one.

By any chance, did this happen in Wigan?

Edit: if it did, your university already know.

Edited by Mrs M

By any chance, did this happen in Wigan?

Edit: if it did, your university already know.

It did indeed.

I'm an idiot though, I thought the next assignment we're doing was the same groups, apparently it's individually. So the only thing we're in the same group for is a mentoring thing, so i'm not gonna bother going to see the year adviser about it, as I can definitely get past that. I thought I'd have to actually work, day in day out, with the guy.

It did indeed.

I'm an idiot though, I thought the next assignment we're doing was the same groups, apparently it's individually. So the only thing we're in the same group for is a mentoring thing, so i'm not gonna bother going to see the year adviser about it, as I can definitely get past that. I thought I'd have to actually work, day in day out, with the guy.

The best you can do for yourself is to rise above it, avoid the guy where you can and just wait it out. It's unpleasant, but he's fucked his own life up, no sense in letting him f**k up your qualification too.

The best you can do for yourself is to rise above it, avoid the guy where you can and just wait it out. It's unpleasant, but he's fucked his own life up, no sense in letting him f**k up your qualification too.

Yeah, that's what I plan to do from now on. When I came into the thread initially, I didn't realise that my time with him wasn't really important(it's pretty much just a field trip). I can definitely just avoid him from now on.

You'd think I'd have the willpower to write essays during the day, but apparently not. 9 hours and 13 minutes until this has to be handed in and I'm still writing it. It's almost at the stage of a mental block, I just can't seem to do any substantive work until i've got The Fear.

I gave up, horrific effort. Need to get up and finish it at 7.

I can't really get an urge to write an essay till after midnight hence why I'm sat on here at 2:37 writing about it. I'm quite pleased though 'cause I just got an excellent quote that pretty much argued my point for me and I got an A3 in my source exercise so all in all it's been a good day. biggrin.gif

I gave up, horrific effort. Need to get up and finish it at 7.

I'm just about finished my "first draft" which will look incredibly similar to what I hand in. I'll be up early to give it a daylight read through and sort out my sources etc.

I've just hacked out the value chain completely though. I'm honestly not sure what its relevance is.

I've got an email this morning saying when we have been told our exams could be wrong. I'm hoping mine don't change as for once the exam timetable seems to have been decent to me: Monday 12th, Wednesday 14th, Friday 16th, Saturday 17th and Monday 19th. Considering I have 5 exams and our examination diet only lasts 10 days thats about as good as I could have hoped for.

Only change is that the last one is in the afternoon instead of the morning. :)