Who's Going To Uni?

1321037006[/url]' post='5730554']

Got cornered by one of those LoveFilm people again this week. I was walking along with my headphones in, looked up and made the mistake of allowing him to establish eye-contact.

I deliberately walked to the other side of the road to avoid him but he followed me with his hand out to shake.

For the first few weeks that they came up to me I just muttered 'no thanks' or something similar when they came up to me, but this time I couldn't even be bothered doing that so I ignored him and walked past his handshake.

I had my headphones in, so I may have misheard, but I'm pretty sure he called me a 'motherfucker' once I walked past him. mad.gif

Me to

Where do you get your films? 'the barras' What games do you like? 'I don't play games' wink.gif

What is the longest river in the UK not to enter the sea under its own name?

Name 2 of the 5 African countries passed through by the Greenwich Meridian

What is the most populous island on Earth?

What is the name, from the German, given to conflict between secular and religious leaders, and specifically Bismarck's clashes with the Papacy?

The house of Wittelsbach ruled which German state from 1180 to 1918?

Plantar refers to which part of the body?

1. Pass

2. Morocco, Mali

3. Borneo

4. Pass

5. Bavaria

6. Feet

The test was extremely hard. 40 minutes to answer 60 questions, roughly 100 people sitting it. I answered about 50 of the questions, would say that I was pretty confident on 15 of those, with the rest educated guesses. If I had to guess I'd say I got about 25, which I can see being respectable, but probably not enough to go through. Theyre going to email tomorrow with scores. In the meantime, heres some examples of the questions.

What is the name, from the German, given to conflict between secular and religious leaders, and specifically Bismarck's clashes with the Papacy?

Afro-Eurasia. smartass.gif and if it's not - give me one reason that's not an island :P

f**k knows about the rest.

Also, someone mentioned a distaste for historiography... I know exactly what you mean - and I only did it in a music context <_<

Edited by Mushroom

Afro-Eurasia. smartass.gif and if it's not - give me one reason that's not an island :P

f**k knows about the rest.

Also, someone mentioned a distaste for historiography... I know exactly what you mean - and I only did it in a music context <_<

Could be wrong but don't continental plates sort of float on the molten iron whereas islands are usually just bits of landmass above sea level (which may lie on a continental or oceanic plate)? They don't cover a tectonic plate in their own right.

The test was extremely hard. 40 minutes to answer 60 questions, roughly 100 people sitting it. I answered about 50 of the questions, would say that I was pretty confident on 15 of those, with the rest educated guesses. If I had to guess I'd say I got about 25, which I can see being respectable, but probably not enough to go through. Theyre going to email tomorrow with scores. In the meantime, heres some examples of the questions.

1. Severn

2. Algeria and Niger

3. Java

4. Don't know

5. Bavaria

6. Don't know

My SAAS funding has been cut £1,100 notwithstanding they are not paying travel expenses dry.gif

Also spent ages on an application I handed in yesterday only to realise a really annoying typo, I'll probably call them up to correct as it's one misplaced number that could nullify the entire application.

Making good progress with my first essay of the year, hoping to get over the 1000 word mark tonight.

Hi guys and girls. I'm currently in my second year studying an HND in Administration and Info Technology. I'm in the process of applying for a direct entry course to study Business at Caledonian next year. We've been told to write our personal statement and to hand it in to our lecturer by next Friday. I've literally no idea what to write or how to write it. I would really appreciate any help or advice from those who have been through it.

Cheers!

Hi guys and girls. I'm currently in my second year studying an HND in Administration and Info Technology. I'm in the process of applying for a direct entry course to study Business at Caledonian next year. We've been told to write our personal statement and to hand it in to our lecturer by next Friday. I've literally no idea what to write or how to write it. I would really appreciate any help or advice from those who have been through it.

Cheers!

First line of my personal statement:

I used to run a tuck ship.

I got in; I'm sure you'll be fine.

I have a 2,000 word essay due in for noon tomorrow. I've done 200 words so far. It's going to be a long day, night and morning. The past few weeks have completely fucked me over, and so has people taking out books and returning them a week after they are due in <_<

On the plus side, once I get this done I have 3 weeks to do two essays for Politics which will be a piece of piss. One essay on Rousseau, another on spin in modern government. Pleasing.

Had an online test yesterday through Moodle. After meticulously thinking about, working out and considering each answer, after about two hours I finally finished the test. I then went over and re-checked every answer. Once I was satisfied I clicked on submit, which then said that Moodle had timed out (didn't even know that happened) and I had to log in again. I did so and it took me back to the exam page, but with all of my answers wiped! Had to go back and re-do them.

Couldn't remember what I'd put down for most of them so I rushed a few guesses.

Passed anyway, but a bit annoyed about that. Online exams are silly, as far as I can tell it's testing one's ability to find the answer in the book/lecture notes rather than how well someone has actually learned something.

Had an online test yesterday through Moodle. After meticulously thinking about, working out and considering each answer, after about two hours I finally finished the test. I then went over and re-checked every answer. Once I was satisfied I clicked on submit, which then said that Moodle had timed out (didn't even know that happened) and I had to log in again. I did so and it took me back to the exam page, but with all of my answers wiped! Had to go back and re-do them.

Passed anyway, but a bit annoyed about that. Online exams are silly, as far as I can tell it's testing one's ability to find the answer in the book/lecture notes rather than how well someone has actually learned something.

I've been caught on this with intern applications and stuff before. You're better either writing it on paper or posting it in word first.

I have a 2,000 word essay due in for noon tomorrow. I've done 200 words so far. It's going to be a long day, night and morning. The past few weeks have completely fucked me over, and so has people taking out books and returning them a week after they are due in <_<

On the plus side, once I get this done I have 3 weeks to do two essays for Politics which will be a piece of piss. One essay on Rousseau, another on spin in modern government. Pleasing.

I had an essay due in for Monday there. Got to Sunday night and I only had 400 words and I was like f**k it, I'll do it tomorrow and take the penalty. Spent all day Monday on it then slept in on Tuesday past noon so it was 2 days overdue. It was fucking shite essay as well.

I had an essay due in for Monday there. Got to Sunday night and I only had 400 words and I was like f**k it, I'll do it tomorrow and take the penalty. Spent all day Monday on it then slept in on Tuesday past noon so it was 2 days overdue. It was fucking shite essay as well.

Why would you leave it so late? Never understood folk who do that.

I don't know about Moodle, but the one we use has a "save" button after every question, which you can click to prevent that happening.