Who's Going To Uni?

16 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I get my results back for my research paper tomorrow. If I pass I shall do the Adebayor knee slide. 

GL

16 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

I get my results back for my research paper tomorrow. If I pass I shall do the Adebayor knee slide. 

Good luck mate. Don't rupture an ACL with the slide.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Just finished my 2,500 word essay on political corruption. Only mentioned Michelle Mone once.

Not due until tomorrow.  What a swot.

Good luck.

I have my 2500 word essay on the causes of exercise addiction in sport, due tomorrow. Currently 1500 words deep.

So difficult for a lazy c**t like myself to relate.

On 13/03/2024 at 12:39, Richey Edwards said:

Thanks buddy!

Also just did another assessed spoken presentation and didn't shit bricks this time.

Passed the assessed spoken presentation comfortably.

Now I have two reflective accounts to write and submit, a 14 week placement and then that'll be me finished university. 

12 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

Just received my grade for my essay on Film and Visual Culture (The Battle of Algiers).

image.thumb.png.babb9e1565a21f1697c5ca97729467b6.png

91%. To say I'm happy is a massive understatement. This calls for a few beers in celebration tonight.

Well done. That's fantastic!

Way too much cheerfulness on here. I've just submitted a couple of reports for my final year projects and they're utter dugshite. Will absolutely take any kind of pass. Finding this year really heavy going.

Doesn't help that we had no lecturer for our main class for four months and there's currently a bitter row going on about how we're to be assessed, which doesn't really help. Apparently someone's noticed that the emergency assessment plan that the department had agreed upon won't pass muster if it's inspected by the SQA, so there's a mad panic going on that's really not helping anyone's stress levels.

Got a feeling next week there's going to be a sudden, "ha ha, remember how we said teaching had finished for the year and you're just to complete your coursework and projects for the rest of term? Well..."

On 27/03/2024 at 17:28, Richey Edwards said:

Now I have two reflective accounts to write and submit, a 14 week placement and then that'll be me finished university. 

14 weeks? 

On 27/03/2024 at 17:28, Richey Edwards said:

On 29/03/2024 at 11:56, Suspect Device said:

Just received my grade for my essay on Film and Visual Culture (The Battle of Algiers).

image.thumb.png.babb9e1565a21f1697c5ca97729467b6.png

91%. To say I'm happy is a massive understatement. This calls for a few beers in celebration tonight.

What's a reflective essay/account?

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

What's a reflective essay/account?

For those of a certain age, it's a relatively recent development designed to elicit not "what you know" but "what you know you know", and how your learning and self-actualisation might be bettered going forward. If you've already passed the actual exams/coursework with flying colours it's the icing on the cake. If you're on a borderline pass/fail situation, it can actually tip the balance for you one way or the other. "Aye, turns out I know f**k all, but I'm smart enough to realise that now and I promise to study more next time rather than pissing the whole term away down the snooker club."

20 hours ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

For those of a certain age, it's a relatively recent development designed to elicit not "what you know" but "what you know you know", and how your learning and self-actualisation might be bettered going forward. If you've already passed the actual exams/coursework with flying colours it's the icing on the cake. If you're on a borderline pass/fail situation, it can actually tip the balance for you one way or the other. "Aye, turns out I know f**k all, but I'm smart enough to realise that now and I promise to study more next time rather than pissing the whole term away down the snooker club."

ah, I've got one of them in a couple of weeks, and that's the best description I've had yet

Edited by Peil

Dissertations for postgrads run from May to August.

Back to work today to 6 emails from students. All six want to go to India for the entire month of June. Four need the month for their weddings. Can I give permission, for visa reasons?

9516c6f4809ef12138d80120054556f5_w200.gi

Long answers given. Short answer: no.

35 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Dissertations for postgrads run from May to August.

Back to work today to 6 emails from students. All six want to go to India for the entire month of June. Four need the month for their weddings. Can I give permission, for visa reasons?

9516c6f4809ef12138d80120054556f5_w200.gi

Long answers given. Short answer: no.

One of mine came and asked if, after her exams end in May, he could work full time for the next 3 months and do his project at night.

i said yes, but only if he’s got a concrete mixer in his flat.