Who's Going To Uni?

Well?

How did operation: meet for a pint go?

I'm enthralled, although I deeply suspect that one/all forgot to synchronise their watches and didn't turn up

It was fine. We had a few rounds, we watched Hearts beat Celtic, Supras left to get the last available public transportation to Elderslie towards the end of the game, and Mushroom and I left about an hour or so after the game.

Sorry to disappoint.

It was fine. We had a few rounds, we watched Hearts beat Celtic, Supras left to get the last available public transportation to Elderslie towards the end of the game, and Mushroom and I left about an hour or so after the game.

Sorry to disappoint.

You forgot one thing.

Supras is shit at pool B)

You forgot one thing.

Supras is shit at pool B)

:lol: very true.

I started to lose my way a bit towards the end. Still a bit rusty after not playing properly for a few months, to be fair.

Edited by Mr Benn

I had a strategy and it failed.

That said, I was on the black against you...

So you were - your "defensive" strategy nearly paid off in the end. ;)

:lol: very true.

I started to lose my way a bit towards the end. Still a bit rusty after not playing properly for a few months, to be fair.

You were rusty? Shit, I thought I was doing very well to finally end your winning streak!

Tom Guthrie, one of the Law Lecturers is also a Thistle fan. He frequented the Aitken Suite at the Ayr game.

He's about to mark my pretty average attempt at the Property Law Exam, so I'd better not say anything about him :P

Was Tom Guthrie the guy who taught SISL in first year? Was never his biggest fan... although it was always funny to see him crack up about the attendance (or lack thereof) at lectures. Doesn't take a genius to work out why nobody went.

Some of my mates has to queue over 2 hours to get into Strathy union last night. :lol: Nae luck!

Why you would do that I don't know. It isnae THAT good. Standing there like twats half the night. I heard that some nights you are even waiting for up to half an hour at the bar just to get served.

Edited by Sir Kevin Of Kilsyth

Was Tom Guthrie the guy who taught SISL in first year? Was never his biggest fan... although it was always funny to see him crack up about the attendance (or lack thereof) at lectures. Doesn't take a genius to work out why nobody went.

The very same. He always makes Thistle references.

As an example, when explaining that specificatio had to be impractically reducible he used the melting of silver into a statue of Ian McCall being reducible to the original silver :rolleyes:

His book on Property Law is great. It's straight forward and to the point. As for him: no comment. He's still marking my Property Exam!

Edited by Ghoul of the Season

The very same. He always makes Thistle references.

As an example, when explaining that specificatio had to be impractically reducible he used the melting of silver into a statue of Ian McCall being reducible to the original silver :rolleyes:

His book on Property Law is great. It's straight forward and to the point. As for him: no comment. He's still marking my Property Exam!

Thats nothing, my counterpoint assignment that I handed in week 3 I got back today! Still waiting on 3 more assignments to be returned lol!

It doesn't tangle you in knots like some other books, but it can be a bit vauge at times. Not much use for coursework essays, but I suppose that's what journal articles and the like are for.

Got my first essay back today, got a 2C for it. What exactly does that mean? I know it's a pass, but are the grading systems simply from 1A-F being the top and anything below a 3F is a fail? I genuinely don't have a clue.

Got my first essay back today, got a 2C for it. What exactly does that mean? I know it's a pass, but are the grading systems simply from 1A-F being the top and anything below a 3F is a fail? I genuinely don't have a clue.

Its weird. They only go from 1A-1C, then from 2A right up to 2F and then from 3A-3C. Theres no such thing as 1D-1f or 3D-3F.

Anything lower than 3C is a fail. 1A-1C would be considered excellent but 2C is still a clear pass.

I think it goes: A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H

Anything above a D is supposed to be satisfactory. I think an E and worse is a fail.

The number is just like the "bands" in Higher/AH. A has 5 bands, the rest have 3.

Cheers for the responses guys, I think I've got it. A spectacularly average start suits me fine.

I'll probably get another essay back tomorrow, and I handed one in today that I'm pretty sure was absolutely horrendous. Ach well.

Thats Stirling I described in my previous post btw. Might be different elsewhere.

I'm at Stirling, so that's perfect!

Edited by Paco

Its weird. They only go from 1A-1C, then from 2A right up to 2F and then from 3A-3C. Theres no such thing as 1D-1f or 3D-3F.

Anything lower than 3C is a fail. 1A-1C would be considered excellent but 2C is still a clear pass.

Correct.

I think it goes: A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H

Anything above a D is supposed to be satisfactory. I think an E and worse is a fail.

The number is just like the "bands" in Higher/AH. A has 5 bands, the rest have 3.

Shut up.

I had two tests for the same subject before mid-semester, and they were supposed to be of equal difficulty. For the second one, I got a 1C. For the first, I managed a 4.

FFS. I didn't revise for either of them, they were just ridiculously different.

Thats Stirling I described in my previous post btw. Might be different elsewhere.

Your group started the main essay yet? It's a nightmare working with other people on it. We're linking in PEST with the essay. 5k words though so can link in with the question if done right. I'm doing a history of Man Utd - yawn :(