Nom Nom Nom

28 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

We've been using this place recently:

https://www.gousto.co.uk/ 

They have a selection of about 30 or so dishes each day for 2-4 folk. You order a few days ahead and they send the exact ingredients. Sounds lazy but it means you can make quite interesting stuff without any waste. Won't need anything more exotic that salt & pepper or olive oil as they send you everything else with a really easy menu/instruction card. 

1690-Moroccan-Chicken-Carrot--Cherry-Tom

Does it cost extra for them to send you enough food to fill the dish?

10 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Does it cost extra for them to send you enough food to fill the dish?

The portions are massive and I eat like a horse. Had a lentil cottage pie last night for 4 and it would probably have served 5 or 6 quite generously. 

They can fire in bottles of wine too. I've replaced vegeterianism with teetotalism/zen 

17 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

My stupid sister in London uses them a lot.  Had a few things when Ive been "down from Scotland" (not a euph) and its decent fodder, despite being cooked by my stupid sister.

Were going to London on Friday so no doubt she'll have another Gousto prepared. 

Allowing the sort of folk you would normally only trust with plastic cutlery the chance to make proper meals is definitely a strong point of gousto.

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The portions are massive and I eat like a horse. Had a lentil cottage pie last night for 4 and it would probably have served 5 or 6 quite generously. 

They can fire in bottles of wine too. I've replaced vegeterianism with teetotalism/zen 

f**k that for a game of sodjers.

16 minutes ago, SweeperDee said:

It looks cold.

It is. I purposely made it last night for having tonight as it would hold its shape better and the flavours get more infused.

The cut portions were reheated individually and served with chips and fresh salad.

2 hours ago, Slenderman said:

Looks dry.

Moar sauce needed.

Not when it's reheated. The white sauce (plus cheese) and the Ragu soon release their moisture.

A lasagna eaten the same day it's made just becomes slop....hence it's better to allow it to cool and reheat.

Not when it's reheated. The white sauce (plus cheese) and the Ragu soon release their moisture.
A lasagna eaten the same day it's made just becomes slop....hence it's better to allow it to cool and reheat.
plus the flavours need at least a day to come out fully. same as chilli and curry. pointless eating it the day its made.