Nom Nom Nom

On 11/01/2024 at 22:45, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Finally made it back to kimchi cult while up the west end of Glasgow, the bulgogi beef on the chips was absolutely fucking awesome! could have eating a big bowl of just that. the Korean fried burger was tremendous too just outshone by the beef IMG_5198.thumb.jpeg.d3dd5a2643bd94c623fb17ca2c59312c.jpeg

Don't the chips get soggy? Would it not be better to serve them on the side?

On 11/01/2024 at 22:45, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Finally made it back to kimchi cult while up the west end of Glasgow, the bulgogi beef on the chips was absolutely fucking awesome! could have eating a big bowl of just that. the Korean fried burger was tremendous too just outshone by the beef IMG_5198.thumb.jpeg.d3dd5a2643bd94c623fb17ca2c59312c.jpeg

Looks magic, and love Korean food, but I’m fairly sure the Koreans don’t eat big plates of chips with meat on top. A new Scottish/korean fusion?! 

where was it? 

1 hour ago, 18May1991 said:

Looks magic, and love Korean food, but I’m fairly sure the Koreans don’t eat big plates of chips with meat on top. A new Scottish/korean fusion?! 

where was it? 

Son Heung-Min loves bulgogi & chips with a can of Bru.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Mature and sophisticated palate init. 

As a chef I pretty much love everything.

I just don't understand peoples distain for fundamentals like a mirepoix.

6 hours ago, 18May1991 said:

where was it? 

Kimchi cult, chancellor street near the bottom of Byres Rd 

started by a guy who lived In Korea for a while 

21 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

To be honest I only said fennel sausage as i didn't want to say Italian sausage as that may just be sausage to you now. 

I love the four famous Roman pasta dishes and this ticks all the boxes 

Asked my Italian colleagues about it and they all knew of it so it's clearly me who knows nothing. Apparently zozzona means dirty in dialect, so kind of a mish mash of things. On my to find list now so thanks for sharing.

19 hours ago, Venti said:

Not quite sure I get the hate for fennel. Nor celery for that matter.

I use them a tonne.

Raw fennel is very good, especially with orange. Cooked however, it's an imposter of a veg.

2 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Asked my Italian colleagues about it and they all knew of it so it's clearly me who knows nothing. Apparently zozzona means dirty in dialect, so kind of a mish mash of things. On my to find list now so thanks for sharing.

I look forward to the pics and review!

2 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

@Melanius Mullarkant

8 hours ago, Venti said:

As a chef I pretty much love everything.

I just don't understand peoples distain for fundamentals like a mirepoix.

Celery is fine (and in some cases essential) as a cooked ingredient, but it's fucking rank in its raw form

18 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Celery is fine (and in some cases essential) as a cooked ingredient, but it's fucking rank in its raw form

Finely diced through chicken mayo is great.