Nom Nom Nom

2 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Where do you find the time? Are you furloughed or offshore or something? 

Seriously impressive how you pick up a wee hobby and just fucking go at it full tilt. 

We were talking in work about horrible shit folk eat last night on NS and the labourer told me he is partial to

Hide contents

Whelk and crabstick curry. 

🤢

That would be a hard pass.

26 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Where do you find the time? Are you furloughed or offshore or something? 

Seriously impressive how you pick up a wee hobby and just fucking go at it full tilt.

Reveal hidden contents

Whelk and crabstick curry. 

🤢

I work shifts, get decent time off. In my defence, it's all just an extension of my "food and drink" obsession. At some point in the future I'd like to add spirits and cheese to my list of shit I can do myself. 

5 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

I’ve tried and persevered with it in the past but my palate refuses to adapt and I just cannot take to it.

Have you tried some lightly fried and seasoned scallops? 

Start there and graduate outwards

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Must be brisket season.

Using the “Corned Beef” (salt beef) recipe from the previously mentioned New York Cult Recipes, I’ve had this bad boy curing for 3 weeks, cooked it up yesterday, and now it’s ready to go.

08B75ED3-C682-4EB6-A5DF-90AD62ADE503.jpeg

F047AE98-DB24-44C2-8FC9-B00B2DC97E18.jpeg

Looks good that. Where did you get that brisket? By all accounts reading smoking forums etc it's not easy in the UK to get brisket with good marbling, and more specifically both the flat and the cap muscle together. Most of our butchers trim them all up and seperate the muscles. 

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Looks good that. Where did you get that brisket? By all accounts reading smoking forums etc it's not easy in the UK to get brisket with good marbling, and more specifically both the flat and the cap muscle together. Most of our butchers trim them all up and seperate the muscles. 

Just out of the butcher on Byres Road.

17 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:
Just out of the butcher on Byres Road.

Rodgers?

Fantastic butcher, bit pricey, their Italian sausage is fantastic especially the piquante

ive just had these delivered yesterday the chorizo was particularly delicious, going to do an Nduja prawn and crab linguine later 

654BD935-59C6-4647-B751-E42A9822FB73.jpeg

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

9 minutes ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Rodgers?

Fantastic butcher, bit pricey, their Italian sausage is fantastic especially the piquante

ive just had these delivered yesterday the chorizo was particularly delicious, going to do an Nduja prawn and crab linguine later 

Jealous AF.

1 hour ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Rodgers?

Yeah Rodgers. I wasn't that impressed when they first opened, especially given the reputation of the Clydebank branch, but it has certainly improved.

James Allan in Lauderdale Gardens is the other one I use, and if you are a sausage fan (hello Kenneth), I highly recommend their pork and Stornoway black pudding sausages.

5 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Quietish day at work so tonight’s tea is from scratch lasagne. Needs to go in the oven for a last blast after a 5 hour rest.

F4944049-26FE-435D-A5C1-3E5D1C6FEA5A.jpeg

I did this last week. I’ve never been a huge lasagne fan but the difference when making fresh pasta for it, which I’d never done before, made it sublime.

17 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Tonight’s dinner a b*****dised Philly cheesesteak 

peppered minute steak

sautéed onions pepper and garlic 

Bavarian smoked cheese and cheddar sauce 

Yum! 

658A9E7A-6DBC-4136-A0F1-AB9CE4D68857.jpeg

What do you make of the ribmans sauce? 

Used to see him at Upton Park waving his prosthetic leg about when West Ham scored. 

Made an absolute killing from his stuff.