Nom Nom Nom

Despite the "patter" these will be getting made. Potentially on Saturday.

What is the herb mix that he refers to as "some of the good stuff"?

Also, the spices he adds later.... Would be guessing at cumin, coriander,garam masala maybe.... Is there a more detailed recipe about?

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Also, the spices he adds later.... Would be guessing at cumin, coriander,garam masala maybe.... Is there a more detailed recipe about?

Difficult to know exactly what the herb mix is I never think of Pakora having herbs but think you're spot on about the three spices he adds after.

So I'm going to follow a normal pakora recipe and use Irn Bru to replace all the wet ingredients.

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

That's the list of ingredients, no idea where you can find fenugreek leaves no chance of finding them in Fife

That's the list of ingredients, no idea where you can find fenugreek leaves no chance of finding them in Fife
Order them online. Never seen Ajwain seeds either, although could easy dive into the Asian Supermarket and have a look.

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
5 minutes ago, 101 said:

Order them online. Never seen Ajwain seeds either, although could easy dive into the Asian Supermarket and have a look.

I've seen them in Waitrose I might go without them and see what it's like.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Amazon can be surprisingly good for foodstuffs

Cheers pictures to follow, doing a beef wellington for mother's Day that I can hand it with flowers, never made one before so it's going to be a big weekend in the kitchen.

Did a really stupid thing last night. Had a chicken breast out to have and decided last minute to make a kiev. Did it quickly in the frying pan and transferred to the oven. Felt it was getting too brown so put some foil over it....which steamed away all the crispness previously gained. D'oh!