Snow!

xbl

A slight dusting of snow but a very severe frost this morning.

The Sperrins looked absolutely stunning, covered in snow and dappled in sunshine, but as I've said before I'd rather be down here looking up at them, as up there looking down.

A slight dusting of snow but a very severe frost this morning.

My entire area is like an ice rink this morning, just at that wonderful stage just now where the upper bit has melted, covering ice with a thin film of water. Plenty of broken hips at ARI I presume.

Supposed to be frosty tonight after a couple of relatively mild days.

Snow and ice all gone but the peaks of the Sperrins are still snow capped, so probably more snow on the way at some stage.

Snow with blizzards expected from Thurs 29 Jan.

I'll say it again.

Any UK forecast for further ahead than 72 hours is as good as guesswork.

Yellow warning now out.
A cold and increasingly showery northwesterly flow is expected to develop during Wednesday and last through Thursday. Accumulating snow is likely away from windward coastal districts, especially overnight, with 2-5 cm locally at low levels. Higher ground, above about 150 m, could see in excess of 10 cm. Strong and gusty winds will likely accompany snow showers, and lead to significantly reduced visibility at times.

I'll say it again.

Any UK forecast for further ahead than 72 hours is as good as guesswork.

I always like it when the model shows e.g. Scotland being dry except a patch between Alloa and Stirling in 3 days time and people genuinely believe that will be the case at 11am that day. These people exist.

I always like it when the model shows e.g. Scotland being dry except a patch between Alloa and Stirling in 3 days time and people genuinely believe that will be the case at 11am that day. These people exist.

I'm pretty sure the BBC issue a single forecast for anything between Stirling and Montrose.

The bane of my life are the stupid b*****d women at work who shit themselves when Tayside gets a yellow warning for ice and snow. You live in Dundee not Kinloch Rannoch.

I did a wee informal study of forecasts on met office, netweather and BBC for Dundee over the last two weeks.

even only looking 12 hours ahead I would put it at about 10% accuracy for snow, rain and windspeed. Don't know about temperature.

Here is me talking about it on my blog this morning

Edited by invergowrie arab

Got a wee blast of this last night and a bit of today nothing too bad...about 6 inches of snow.

The worst is when you get the icy rain or freezing rain as its also known.... we got some of that earlier and its a pure c**t.

As soon as it makes contact with whatever it hits, it instantly freezes.

Got a wee blast of this last night and a bit of today nothing too bad...about 6 inches of snow.

The worst is when you get the icy rain or freezing rain as its also known.... we got some of that earlier and its a pure c**t.

As soon as it makes contact with whatever it hits, it instantly freezes.

Saw that in upstate New York a few years ago. Went to get in the car and the driver's side was covered in transparent ice an inch thick. Had to get in the other side and kick the door open from the inside.