Snow!

xbl

Nah, where Hedgecutter said. It's round the corner from the railway station; Newall Terrace. Not far from the Cairndale mind you :)

:cheers

I clocked the church and the edge of the war memorial seeing as I walk past there on the way to my grandad's whenever I get the train.

That and I'm the 'Name That Toon' expert. 8)

Had a few snowflakes for maybe 30 seconds in Liverpool today. Whole office were up and at the office to witness the sight.

"I feel all Christmasy now" proclaimed a female co-worker. "You must be used to this weather up your way," she asked me.

I boastfully replied, "Oh aye, that's nothing."

Hopefully she thinks I'm hard.

Had a few snowflakes for maybe 30 seconds in Liverpool today. Whole office were up and at the office to witness the sight.

"I feel all Christmasy now" proclaimed a female co-worker. "You must be used to this weather up your way," she asked me.

I boastfully replied, "Oh aye, that's nothing."

Hopefully she thinks I'm hard.

Were you?

Always love Facebook on nights like this. Just full of people saying roads aren't gritted, I never saw a gritter, my wee road with 1 car an hour wasn't gritted. Man up, it's snow, half the problem is that people can't drive on them!

Exactly, there's loads of folk who seem to think that gritters should appear on every street corner as soon as there is a flake of snow. Fact is the Glasgow Council gritters have been out almost constantly this week. Doesn't matter how much grit you put down, when it snows as heavily as it did last night then it is going to lie. It's then down to how people can drive until the roads can be cleared.

I do think GCC have fecked it up though by now having all the gritters based in one depot, they used to have 3 spread around the city but they now gave the problem of having to cover the whole city from Gartcraig depot. That means using the motorway to get to most areas and a different company is responsible for keeping them clear.

I've not been out my bed yet to check on today's snow but it was certainly lying thick last night in Kilmarnock.

Some of the the idiots on the southbound M77 last night though need their licenses taken off them, trying to claim an extra 50 yards when the road merges from 3 lanes into 2 and causing some unnecessary braking.