Snow!

xbl

I shamed a whole bunch of folk in an office last Friday. A fair few of them who live in Aberdeen claimed they couldn't get out into the countryside because of the few inches of snow. I went out on the Stagecoach bus for an hours meeting which I could have easily VC'd from my Aberdeen office but felt like going out just to be a dick and show them up. I'm unable to drive too so if I can make it, anyone can.

One girl there was laughing at someone else who lives 4 doors down from her and phoned in to say they couldn't make it. A high proportion of them were English - take from that what you will. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Hedgecutter

I know of someone who had a careers appt with the RAF in Edinburgh this afternoon. It has been cancelled due to bad weather :blink:

If there are any foreign terrorist groups reading this make sure you attack when it is snowing as our forces will be tucked up at home with a hot cup of cocoa.

Our inability and ineptness in dealing with snow in the UK is actually laughable. Even with plenty of warning this time, Wales seems to have come to a complete halt, all schools closed and trains running on very limited service and airport closed.

Why can't we cope with 20cms of snow?? Or do we just not want to? Is it easier to say, no I'll stay at home and go sledging rather than go to work/school??

Our inability and ineptness in dealing with snow in the UK is actually laughable. Even with plenty of warning this time, Wales seems to have come to a complete halt, all schools closed and trains running on very limited service and airport closed.

Why can't we cope with 20cms of snow?? Or do we just not want to? Is it easier to say, no I'll stay at home and go sledging rather than go to work/school??

Lets not generalise here. Its far worse the further south you go, which is what you expect really. If you don't have much experience in snow, then it stands to reason that you don't cope so well. That said, the way London closes with 1cm of snow is nothing short of hilarious!

Not a flake here all week though. :(

Wales doesn't get much above a halt at the best of times.