Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Got a call from my maw a couple of hours ago saying her place was in darkness due to a power cut, so I drove up the road to get a couple of candles (not four, sadly) going, and to sit with her for a wee while.

The joys of sitting in the candlelit semi-darkness when all you can hear is the tick-tock of her kitchen clock, and the distant sound of yer maw plopping out a dump.

We've all been there....

30 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Rugster being outwitted by a fly, Throbber and Mozza being outsmarted by cats, electricity running out in Edinburgh. End of days.  

Outwitted no longer my friend 

I've been invited to an interview for a job that I applied for internally in the work.  It's a role that I did before a few years ago on secondment and really enjoyed it.  It's back in Glasgow so I'd be getting away from the hellhole that is Dumbarton.  Basically, I really want it.

I know I can do the job, but I've been told that it will be a technical interview, and I'm absolutely shitting it now.  My last proper interview for a job was 20 years ago when I joined my current employer as an apprentice and all moves (of which there have been many) have either been ones that we had no choice in the matter or voluntary moves to new departments.  This is the first one that I've actively sought out. 

I know that you've all been on tenterhooks waiting on the result of my telephone interview.

I've got a new job :thumsup2

I've been invited to an interview for a job that I applied for internally in the work.  It's a role that I did before a few years ago on secondment and really enjoyed it.  It's back in Glasgow so I'd be getting away from the hellhole that is Dumbarton.  Basically, I really want it.

I know I can do the job, but I've been told that it will be a technical interview, and I'm absolutely shitting it now.  My last proper interview for a job was 20 years ago when I joined my current employer as an apprentice and all moves (of which there have been many) have either been ones that we had no choice in the matter or voluntary moves to new departments.  This is the first one that I've actively sought out. 

I know that you've all been on tenterhooks waiting on the result of my telephone interview.

I've got a new job :thumsup2

Superb stuff. Well done, pal. :thumbsup2

5 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

Promoted to role of the guy who swings the big stick at the front of the march imo.

Psssshh, as if!!!  I need to be at least a Level 7 Grand Mage to swing the big stick and walk backwards at the front of the march.