Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

What sort of clubs do you go to?

I genuinely don't think I've ever been kicked or kneed in the balls (deliberately, my wife did it accidentally once) by a woman in my life.

To be honest it's never happened to me either. See it a lot on TV though. They must be exaggerating.

9 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

At the Citizens? I keep getting an advert for that on Facebook with the guy playing Renton recreating the scene on Princes St by running down Sauchiehall St and then over the footbridge near the Sherriff Court.  It annoys me on two levels.

Recreating a scene from the film, that i'm pretty sure isn't in the book, for a stage production that I would hope would lean toward the source material rather than the film, is probably going to have folk unfamiliar with it going in with the expectation of seeing folk acting out the movie.

Secondly, the liberal use of the geography of Glasgow had me fucking seething.  Running down Sauchiehall St then transporting a mile away in the blink of an eye.  Get to f**k.

Never left the city centre though, did he?

It took me a good five minutes to realise it was the woman's football dad was watching and not the Paralympics. #shitjoke #soshitetowatch

Although I have to say my dad seems to prefer woman's football to men's football these days. I blame it on him being a Jambo.

12 minutes ago, Gianfranco said:

It took me a good five minutes to realise it was the woman's football dad was watching and not the Paralympics. #shitjoke #soshitetowatch

Although I have to say my dad seems to prefer woman's football to men's football these days. I blame it on him being a Jambo.

Glad you clarified this in the second sentence - some people get very upset when you're not specific about who's dad it is.

Sometimes in films they film scenes that they think will be most fitting for the storyline rather than worry about exact geographical location. It's quite selfish of them if you ask me.

That's a nice story, throbber.

But my point was aimed at KB mentioning that the run around Glasgow didn't seem feasible.

26 minutes ago, Njord said:

Wasn't the princes st, past the black bull and onto the cowgate done out of order? Been a while since I saw it though.

Anyhoo, let Jimmy White sell you car security.

What a fantastically gifted orator. The guy's a natural in front of the camera.

For a rather excellent potential new job, my other half fcuked up a video message based online interview in spectacular fashion a few weeks ago (and I mean genuine cringeworthy car-crash 'I couldn't talk and panicked and shut the video off' type stuff), yet she's been invited in for a second interview. Happy days.

I've got absolutely massive cockweights

^^^ This is what I thought this said at first.

1 hour ago, Njord said:

Wasn't the princes st, past the black bull and onto the cowgate done out of order? Been a while since I saw it though.

Anyhoo, let Jimmy White sell you car security.

1 hour ago, Dee Man said:

What a fantastically gifted orator. The guy's a natural in front of the camera.

In fairness to Jimmy White, the c**t couldn't read when he left school. He's come a long way since then!