Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Yeah looked at them and they look shit hot but at 70 quid month for my tv phone and wifi I can just about take it. I do like sky and would struggle to convince her that a zgemma was the way to go. Maybe for a second room rather than paying sky for that.

Aye that's fair enough (and legal!) I just got fed up of Sky's greed and took a punt with the box. Haven't looked back. I imagine they'll eventually be cracked down on but after 3 months the thing has paid for itself for the year if I stayed with Sky.

7 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Turk's Head Leeds.

I expected London, £8 a pint in Leeds is scandalous.

I was in a pub recently called Earls of Essex that did a huge selection of beers/ales etc. The menu is online for anyone wanting to be absolutely appalled - one particular bottle was £27.

£8 for a pint in Leeds? Awful.

Leeds is a fantastic place for a cheap pint. Angel inn is always a good bet. Very central, dirt cheap. There are a fair few hipster places there too with overpriced, overhopped, beer but Leeds on a budget is a great city to drink in. Great city all round. Miss the place quite a bit.

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I expected London, £8 a pint in Leeds is scandalous.

I was in a pub recently called Earls of Essex that did a huge selection of beers/ales etc. The menu is online for anyone wanting to be absolutely appalled - one particular bottle was £27.

I got two pints for £8 in some boozer right across from the Houses of Parliament, which I thought was reasonable given the location. 

Can't even begin to imagine the nerve required to ask a punter £8 for a pint. 

5 hours ago, jmothecat said:

£8 for a pint in Leeds? Awful.

Leeds is a fantastic place for a cheap pint. Angel inn is always a good bet. Very central, dirt cheap. There are a fair few hipster places there too with overpriced, overhopped, beer but Leeds on a budget is a great city to drink in. Great city all round. Miss the place quite a bit.

You'll know the place, it's just down from the Angel. I was in all the "alley pubs" and even in the Turk's Head and it's neighbour,  Whitelocks,  there was plenty much cheaper. That kind is aimed at the unsuspecting and the beer snobs. I just didn't look properly and they don't make it obvious. I also bottled telling him to stick it. Tapped, Brewdog and the like that sell expensive stuff have quite prominent price lists.

Lesson learned.

3 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Chucked fags the day, replaced it with a vape its just no the same. 

It has been brought up on here a few times but Allen Carr's Easyway to Stop Smoking is well worth reading or listening to. Why use willpower when you can have your brain realigned to be a non smoker in the space of a couple of hours? 

Radio 2 in Saturday re-shuffle (from 4 March)

Tony Blackburn takes over the Sounds of the Sixties gig, which they have moved the start time back two hours.  Dermot O'Leary then takes over its old slot with Zoe Ball taking up his afternoon show slot.

https://radiotoday.co.uk/2017/02/major-weekend-programme-changes-at-bbc-radio-2/

06.00 – 08.00                        Tony Blackburn to host Sounds of the Sixties

08.00 – 10.00                        Dermot O’Leary to front new Saturday Breakfast show

10.00 – 13.00                        Graham Norton

13.00 – 15.00                        Pick of the Pops with Paul Gambaccini

15.00 – 18.00                        Zoe Ball

18.00 – 20.00                        Liza Tarbuck

20.00 – 22.00                        Trevor Nelson

22.00 – 00.00                        Craig Charles’ House Party

Edited by FlyerTon

I got two pints for £8 in some boozer right across from the Houses of Parliament, which I thought was reasonable given the location. 
Can't even begin to imagine the nerve required to ask a punter £8 for a pint. 

The price of dreams. I've been in Stavanger all week where the cheapest pint was a tenner and a bottle of cheap table wine started at £40.