Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, sjc said:

What do you think it is that causes the hype? Expensive marketing or brand association? If so, it's hard to imagine people are that thick.......then again!

^^^This.

To be fair I’m not a huge doughnut fan in general (other than freshly made hot doughnuts which are delightful) so maybe not the best judge, but I guess some people just like a very sweet taste. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth so it tastes pretty rotten to me.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Never tried them (have never had a Nandos either). Mind when folk were queuing up when one opened up (in Edinburgh I think). Everyone in that queue should have been culled

Same. I walked past a Nando’s and it was full of utter weapons, every table had a top-knot w****r seated at it. For the money, go to a half decent local restaurant. #fuckthechains

36 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

To be fair I’m not a huge doughnut fan in general (other than freshly made hot doughnuts which are delightful) so maybe not the best judge, but I guess some people just like a very sweet taste. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth so it tastes pretty rotten to me.

I think you're definitely right about the artificial sugary taste. I don't have a sweet tooth generally either but will occasionally gorge myself on sweet thing before not touching the like for days or weeks.

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Never tried them (have never had a Nandos either). Mind when folk were queuing up when one opened up (in Edinburgh I think). Everyone in that queue should have been culled

I went to the Nandos at Fountainbridge once to see what the hype was all about. Could easily make the equivalent better at home and a damn sight cheaper too!

24 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Same. I walked past a Nando’s and it was full of utter weapons, every table had a top-knot w****r seated at it. For the money, go to a half decent local restaurant. #fuckthechains

Tend to agree but have to admit that I loved a trip to La Tasca.

Krispy Creme can get to f**k just for the two weeks of traffic jams they caused when they opened their place at Hermiston Gait. And they’re really not that good. Give me a £1 bag of custard ones from Tesco any day.

I’ve had a Nandos once in my life and it’s comfortably the worst meal I’ve ever had. Makes McDonalds seem like a Michelin Star meal.

Krispy Kreme is a brand that hasn’t translated well over here. In the states their donuts are no bad, if i was passing id maybe stop in if theyre hot. But i’ve been to some amazing donut places that pish all over KK, Gibsons in Memphis, Round Rock Donuts in Texas and just generally find local places are better. there’s even a wee place in the west end of Glasgow called Tantrum and yes their donuts arent the cheapest but are pretty good!

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Krispy Creme can get to f**k just for the two weeks of traffic jams they caused when they opened their place at Hermiston Gait. And they’re really not that good. Give me a £1 bag of custard ones from Tesco any day.

I’ve had a Nandos once in my life and it’s comfortably the worst meal I’ve ever had. Makes McDonalds seem like a Michelin Star meal.

Nae bother fatty.

On 15/01/2018 at 19:09, coprolite said:

I made curried sprouts for xmas dinner. I was sure I had seen it on telly but my good lady thought I was just making it up.

It has only just dawned on me that my inspiration was a johnny fartpants story.

I'm not up-to-date on the thread yet, but I have to ask:

1. Were they any good?
  2. If so, are you willing to share the recipe? Love me a sprout.

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I'm not up-to-date on the thread yet, but I have to ask:

1. Were they any good?
  2. If so, are you willing to share the recipe? Love me a sprout.

They were delicious. sauteed in butter, shredded streaky bacon (browned this in the pan before adding butter) , garam massala, turmeric and a bit of lemon rind for about 20 mins.  This was accompanied by red cabbage, sauteed in butter, 2 cinamon sticks, 2 star anise, some cloves and a splash of white wine vinegar -45 mins on a low heat.

avoid naked flames.

24 minutes ago, coprolite said:

They were delicious. sauteed in butter, shredded streaky bacon (browned this in the pan before adding butter) , garam massala, turmeric and a bit of lemon rind for about 20 mins.  This was accompanied by red cabbage, sauteed in butter, 2 cinamon sticks, 2 star anise, some cloves and a splash of white wine vinegar -45 mins on a low heat.

avoid naked flames.

You didn't have to parboil them first?

5 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-42834380

Somebody needs to tell these stupid c***s that Saturday is the Sabbath. They've been blaspheming at least once a week since they were old enough to go to church.

I waited 2 hours for a lift in Harris many years ago. Finally a car appeared with a minister telling me I shouldn't be hitching on a Sunday. As he drove off leaving me behind gobsmacked, I thought to say, "Well you shouldn't be fucking driving then you c**t", but it was too late.

17 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Somebody needs to tell these stupid c***s that Saturday is the Sabbath. They've been blaspheming at least once a week since they were old enough to go to church.

5a6e1b8bb3912_ScreenShot2018-01-28at18_50_33.png.22ac1faf33dcffbad66464bae345d227.png

Listen im all for folk worshipping whichever sky fairy they want, they can keep whichever sabbath, fri/sat/sun they want holy, but id never allow these fuckers to dictate to me when I could go shopping or play golf or whatever I wanted to do. If they want to keep a sabbath fucking let them, but forcing their religious beliefs on everyone is exactly the same thing the Taliban did in Afghanistan. Its about time we got religious leaders out of parliament, off school and health boards and let people make a free choice.