Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

7 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Got a letter from one of our suppliers today who do fixings, etc. saying prices are to go up by 6%-9% except for sealants that will go up “significantly more”.

This is at a time when inflation is supposedly running at under 3%.

I presume the Brexit value of the pound is the excuse?

19 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I presume the Brexit value of the pound is the excuse?

No reasons given but I think it will be a big part of it.  If the £ devalues 15%-20% against the € then rises like this are inevitable.

Edited by Granny Danger

Just made this little beauty for late breakfast. Crumbled haggis cooked with 3 runny eggs in pan & an avocado.

IMG_3508.thumb.jpg.29ba50a3dc1099eec60ca3be585fb160.jpg

Obviously I’d tidy it up a bit if serving to anyone else but it was bloody good. I may let Nick Nairn know.

Eggs and haggis a good combination but get the green shite in the sea.

2 hours ago, Eednud said:

I don't quite get this. I love spicy food, even some of those at the hotter end of the scale but there has to be more than just raw heat about it. There has to be some flavour or taste to it in my opinion. 

These Paedo Hunter videos that get uploaded to Facebook really don't sit well with me.  

I get that it is good to see potential paedophiles taken off the street, but I do question the motive  of those who are behind this.  Is it really being done for the welfare of children, or are they drawn to the likes and support that so many people seem to crave on social media these days.  

Obviously not good to stereotype, but I would imagine the sort of people who participate in these snares are fairly unintelligent, ignorant people.   

"We're here to protect you."  Really?

These Paedo Hunter videos that get uploaded to Facebook really don't sit well with me.  
I get that it is good to see potential paedophiles taken off the street, but I do question the motive  of those who are behind this.  Is it really being done for the welfare of children, or are they drawn to the likes and support that so many people seem to crave on social media these days.  
Obviously not good to stereotype, but I would imagine the sort of people who participate in these snares are fairly unintelligent, ignorant people.   

I’m in total agreement with you here Adam, any I’ve watched have been a little bit cringey. Not sure what makes me feel uncomfortable about it, probably the fact that if they are purely being altruistic, why the need to post on Facebook/ YouTube etc. I also think that they revel in the humiliation of the nonces before the police arrive.
It’s a good thing that they are snaring potential criminals but the publicising of it in a vulgar manner just doesn’t equate with me.

48 minutes ago, Adam said:

I tend to agree. As someone who works with children, it sickens me the sort of things the beasts think they can get away with and by turning up to the location clearly states intent to harm. 

The issue I think is that the police simply can’t keep up with it and to do it all fully under the law to have a watertight case must take an awful long time for just one case. Only the government can invest to help combat these types of crimes and with the way social media and in particularly, the faster rate of younger children being granted access to the internet and social media is quite scary. 

As for these groups, if they fully want to continue to do this for the welfare of children then they need to do it through education and through police channels. A mobile phone with a camera and 25 pages of screen shots can’t be rule of evidence.

Whats the betting they’ve done time too?