Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

14 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Dammit Giles, looks like I've bought it, look after Katherine won't you?

AAAAAAARGGGGHHHHHH! BRITISCHER SCHWEINHUNDT!

AAAAAIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Its like the old Alastair Maclean novels, the villain wipes out hundreds of people, kills the heroes family etc only to be addressed as a dammed fiend.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, pandarilla said:
Just flicking through the telly and watched five mins of 'goodnight sweetheart' on forces TV.

A blast from the past indeed but shockingly the episode contained the line "if the Americans know about pearl harbour then the n**s will have a wasted journey".

Nearly spat out my tea. Casual racism still alive and kicking on forces TV.

My kids are currently watching Disney films on repeat. The Aristocats has a particularly brutal bit of racism towards our Far Eastern brothers when one of the cats is playing a piano.

The new version of Lady and the Tramp doesn't include the Siamese Cat song for some reason...

I remember seeing the Siamese Cat song in Lady and the Tramp as a nipper and didn't think it was racist just a fun song about two cats. I was musing about this the other day- the African-American maid in the Tom and Jerry cartoons is a stereotype except because I had a black pal as a lad I just used to think that the maid wasn't actually a maid but the owner of the house and that she probably looked like Big Doz's mum! 

Somebody once said that kids aren't born racist, they need to be taught it. 

We used to read Commando comics as well- they're still being published folks (albeit, ironically, printed in Germany. Achtung, Spitfeur! Aieee!). I'm sure writers like Alan Grant and Pat Mills started with comics like Commando and went to write more subversive material in titles like 2000AD. 

Well I for one am satisfied with his explanation, whenever someone says they "cannot recall" doing a crime instead of outright denial, it is because they're definitely innocent.

I agree.

It’s reasonable to assume he would remember something like that. Innocent.

12 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We used to read Commando comics as well- they're still being published folks (albeit, ironically, printed in Germany. Achtung, Spitfeur! Aieee!). I'm sure writers like Alan Grant and Pat Mills started with comics like Commando and went to write more subversive material in titles like 2000AD. 

Have you read Charley's War?

58 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Have you read Charley's War?

After borrowing it from the Central Library I ended up buying the whole set of collected volumes because it's bloody good .

Funnily enough my boss looks like Captain Snell and is also a complete cnut .