Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Reminds me of a mature student at my student halls. He was the dead spit of Jimmy Nail so we used to call him "Spender". But we were afraid to tell him this as he looked quite hard. Anyway one day one of us plucked up the courage to take to him and said "you look like Spender". He grinned and replied, not in a Geordie but in a thick Cornish accent "All moi friends call me that". Good guy.

The reason I mention "Spender" is that the last time I saw him he was leaving at the end of term and he had piled all his belongings into his Peugeot 105 with only the drivers seat being free of clutter. We wished him good luck on his long journey from Aberdeen to Cornwall and as he left he uttered the immortal words:

"If oi have to break suddenly, oi'm fooked!"

Was he from the Irish part of Cornwall?

Been here before myself, 36 years ago though. Little bit different now but you are right in what you say, it is going to be a bit hotter next week. Good luck if you are going to Portaventura as it is heaving with school kids on day trips.

Get a pair of these, a pint of bitter and you’ll be sorted in any Spanish resort.

IMG_2494.jpg

Been here before myself, 36 years ago though. Little bit different now but you are right in what you say, it is going to be a bit hotter next week. Good luck if you are going to Portaventura as it is heaving with school kids on day trips.
Yup we are
Had been told this already as have someone from work who went the week before. Unsure what days I will go. Going to Barcelona again but only for the day.

The clothes people wear in summer are wild. I saw a guy earlier in the shop wearing a thick jacket and a scarf. It was 21degrees! Also parked outside a pub earlier and three guys were sitting outside all wearing jackets.

Have any P&Bers ever been held captive in a bear's den on the brink of death for a month, or to have a better chance of getting a reply here, have any P&Bers held somebody hostage in their house for a month with the purpose of eating them? 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9375816/man-bear-attack-found-alive-month-den/

Edited by Hedgecutter

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Have any P&Bers ever been held captive in a bear's den on the brink of death for a month, or probably more realistically, have any P&Bers held somebody hostage in their house for a month with the purpose of eating him/her? 

http://www.‎siberiantimes.com/other/others/news/man-lives-after-bear-breaks-his-spine-and-keeps-him-as-food-inside-den/

Your link's not working.

Yes to both of these questions but it was a long time ago back in the days when I was experimenting with hallucinatory drugs. 

Have any P&Bers ever been held captive in a bear's den on the brink of death for a month, or to have a better chance of getting a reply here, have any P&Bers held somebody hostage in their house for a month with the purpose of eating them? 

Both happen to me all the time. Getting a wee bit scunnered with it to be honest.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

‎https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9375816/man-bear-attack-found-alive-month-den/amp/

I've been to Bearsden. Wasn't on the brink of death, just the brink of Milngavie. 

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

‎https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9375816/man-bear-attack-found-alive-month-den/amp/

Hope someone gives him a DVD of Bone Tomahawk to cheer him up.

Guest Moomintroll
Just saw my first full kit w****r of the holiday, expected it to be a scouser but alas it's their brothers in grief, sellick.
The guy was about 40 too.
Bet you he will wear that same outfit everyday of the holiday.

35 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Just saw my first full kit w****r of the holiday, expected it to be a scouser but alas it's their brothers in grief, sellick.

Socks on as well? 

did he have a name on the back as well 🤦‍♂️

2 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

Bet you he will wear that same outfit everyday of the holiday.

He'll wear the away kit whilst the home one is in the wash.

That's what I do with my full kit Brechin strips anyway (although I have to steal the shorts and socks as our supporter's club only sells the shirts)

16 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

He'll wear the away kit whilst the home one is in the wash.

2 hours ago, Tynierose said:

😂