Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

If Jane loved it so much she should have shagged it. Her moist rat would have sustained the plant.

It’s a real mystery how your struggle to hold down serous relationships. 

28 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s a real mystery how your struggle to hold down serous relationships. 

No it isn't, because I don't have any to 'hold down' and haven't for a very long time.

Jelle's Marble Runs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJdpnjuSWVOLgGT9fIzL0g

I
got a bit addicted to this over the last coupla days. Basically some autistic guy from the Netherlands has turned his hobby of making marble runs into a youtube business. He's a legend. He's went from shitty wee videos of marbles running down some track he's made to millions of views and corporate sponsorship which has culminated into "Marble League" (formerly Marbleympics). His marbles and divided up into teams and take part in different events, there's a host country, medal table, opening and closing ceremonies. There was a pitch invasion from a relegated team recently. It's a bit mental. Qualifiers for the 2020 Marble League start on June 18th and it's being sponsored by John Oliver and some betting companies are running a book on it.

I actually enjoying watching each event once to see the basics of it and how he comes up with them. That's interesting. Watching a bunch of marbles doing the same shit over and over in the heats and qualifiers isn't. Although I found if me and the missus made £1 bets on who was gonna win I got invested a lot more.

But it's a good way to kill an hour or so. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelle's_Marble_Runs

Pick your team:

latest?cb=20200520040121

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/h03wfy/neighbor_upset_over_one_of_my_plants_dying_and_is/
Jane and I have been neighbors for about 5 years. We have never had an argument and our relationship is quite agreeable. We aren’t close, but we aren’t strangers either.
Now, I am her sworn enemy.
Here’s what happed...
I’ve had this Christmas cactus on my porch for the last 4 summers. I’ve taken pretty good care of the plant, and its grown quite large. Jane has always admired the plant and complimented on it often. None of my other neighbors have ever noticed it.
In January I got very sick—then COVID happened. I brought the plant inside one day due to a storm and promptly forgot about it.
It died.
I wasn’t happy about the loss of something I’d kept alive for 4 whole years, but I wasn’t exactly heart broken over it either. To me, it was just a plant and I got over it after like 24 hours. I threw it away and that was that.
Here’s where shit got weird.
Jane was walking past the house yesterday while I was sitting outside. She came to say hello and noticed the cactus was missing.
She asked where my beautiful cactus was, to which I replied “Oh, unfortunately it died. I forgot how much you enjoyed it!”.
She asked me how, and I told her. I forgot to maintain it and it died.
Jane then flipped her ever loving shit. I have never seen her so passionately upset before! Jane accused me of being negligent and uncaring. That I shouldn’t be a plant parent if I wasn’t going to care for my cactus as if it was a living being. What I had done was no different than murder and I should feel absolutely ashamed of myself.
I told Jane I was sorry that the death of the plant upset her, and it was flattering how much she enjoyed it. But it was just a plant I had no real emotional attachment to. She looked at me absolutely appalled and said “It’s not just a plant. All lives matter!”
Jane then stormed off and hasn’t spoken to me since. She’s ran her mouth though, because several of my neighbors have since messaged me that Jane is telling anyone who will listen how much of a horrible human I am but won’t tell them why.
I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong. It’s just a PLANT. I didn’t go out of my way to kill it. But I also don’t care it’s dead either!
I like Jane and I don’t want to cause a bigger problem, but she’s crossed the line badmouthing me to our neighbors.
What can I do to to fix this?
I'm with Jane on this you filthy plant murderer.

10 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Jelle's Marble Runs: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYJdpnjuSWVOLgGT9fIzL0g

I
got a bit addicted to this over the last coupla days. Basically some autistic guy from the Netherlands has turned his hobby of making marble runs into a youtube business. He's a legend. He's went from shitty wee videos of marbles running down some track he's made to millions of views and corporate sponsorship which has culminated into "Marble League" (formerly Marbleympics). His marbles and divided up into teams and take part in different events, there's a host country, medal table, opening and closing ceremonies. There was a pitch invasion from a relegated team recently. It's a bit mental. Qualifiers for the 2020 Marble League start on June 18th and it's being sponsored by John Oliver and some betting companies are running a book on it.

I actually enjoying watching each event once to see the basics of it and how he comes up with them. That's interesting. Watching a bunch of marbles doing the same shit over and over in the heats and qualifiers isn't. Although I found if me and the missus made £1 bets on who was gonna win I got invested a lot more.

But it's a good way to kill an hour or so. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jelle's_Marble_Runs

Pick your team:

latest?cb=20200520040121

Get Red No 3 drug tested. Tremendous.

59 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/h03wfy/neighbor_upset_over_one_of_my_plants_dying_and_is/

Jane and I have been neighbors for about 5 years. We have never had an argument and our relationship is quite agreeable. We aren’t close, but we aren’t strangers either.

Here’s what happed...

I’ve had this Christmas cactus on my porch for the last 4 summers. I’ve taken pretty good care of the plant, and its grown quite large. Jane has always admired the plant and complimented on it often. None of my other neighbors have ever noticed it.

In January I got very sick—then COVID happened. I brought the plant inside one day due to a storm and promptly forgot about it.

It died.

I wasn’t happy about the loss of something I’d kept alive for 4 whole years, but I wasn’t exactly heart broken over it either. To me, it was just a plant and I got over it after like 24 hours. I threw it away and that was that.

Jane was walking past the house yesterday while I was sitting outside. She came to say hello and noticed the cactus was missing.

She asked where my beautiful cactus was, to which I replied “Oh, unfortunately it died. I forgot how much you enjoyed it!”.

Jane then flipped her ever loving shit. I have never seen her so passionately upset before! Jane accused me of being negligent and uncaring. That I shouldn’t be a plant parent if I wasn’t going to care for my cactus as if it was a living being. What I had done was no different than murder and I should feel absolutely ashamed of myself.

I told Jane I was sorry that the death of the plant upset her, and it was flattering how much she enjoyed it. But it was just a plant I had no real emotional attachment to. She looked at me absolutely appalled and said “It’s not just a plant. All lives matter!”

Jane then stormed off and hasn’t spoken to me since. She’s ran her mouth though, because several of my neighbors have since messaged me that Jane is telling anyone who will listen how much of a horrible human I am but won’t tell them why.

I don’t think I’ve done anything wrong. It’s just a PLANT. I didn’t go out of my way to kill it. But I also don’t care it’s dead either!

I like Jane and I don’t want to cause a bigger problem, but she’s crossed the line badmouthing me to our neighbors.

I assume the author is also female ??

She should have said the plant was abducted whilst she was out at the local tapas bar.  She'd have been given full government protection and been given substantial monies donated from the great british public.  Her neighbour Jane knows that she's a killer, but, without credible witnesses, cannot prove it.     Our author then walks away unscathed.

Or she should nip round and kick Jane in the pie for being a cow.

Edited by hearthammer

1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Here’s what happed...

It died.

A whole day then?

On 08/06/2020 at 17:23, Tynierose said:

Update.  Confirmed cancellation.  Happy with that.

Heard quite a few folk say Jet2 have been really good with regards to refunds etc.

my auld man was supposed to be away to benidorm. Emailed him about the refund and said up to 2 weeks and was refunded in 3 days. Heard people at work saying similar things as well. 

Heard quite a few folk say Jet2 have been really good with regards to refunds etc.
my auld man was supposed to be away to benidorm. Emailed him about the refund and said up to 2 weeks and was refunded in 3 days. Heard people at work saying similar things as well. 
Yeah we were due to fly to Cyprus in May for a wedding. There were about 12 folk who had booked Jet2 and we were given refunds pretty quickly. My cousin (bride to be) had booked with TUI and were having trouble with the refund process. Still not sure she has her money back yet.

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
36 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Yeah we were due to fly to Cyprus in May for a wedding. There were about 12 folk who had booked Jet2 and we were given refunds pretty quickly. My cousin (bride to be) had booked with TUI and were having trouble with the refund process. Still not sure she has her money back yet.

Congratulations mate. When did you move to Ayrshire?

54 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

Jesus fucking Christ. John Barnes playing the race card to cover up his shiteness. Good one son, off you pop.

Tbf I think he got the blame for Dalgish's f**k ups at Celtic and got left to take the blame. Should really be moving on from that by now though.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

John Barnes going to war with Celtic fans on Twitter: https://twitter.com/officialbarnesy/

Saying that the fans 'unconscious racism' cost him his job and left the board no option. :lol:

Fantastic stuff.

I'm sure I remember him playing the race card about the Celtic job before which is pretty poor but if he's going to war with Celtic fans then I'm behind him 100%.

I'm sure I remember him playing the race card about the Celtic job before which is pretty poor but if he's going to war with Celtic fans then I'm behind him 100%.
A fanbase who routinely boo Shay Logan because he had the audacity to be racially abused.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
28 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

A fanbase who routinely boo Shay Logan because he had the audacity to be racially abused.

I seen a few on Twitter claiming no fan base in Britain does more to stop racism than Celtic. One of the first replies was about Shay Logan from a Rangers fan and then it just descended into pictures of each sides fans being arseholes.