Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Weird thing happening to ships where their GPS is going nuts and sending them sailing in circles. Nobody is quite sure why.

https://news.sky.com/story/a-maritime-mystery-what-has-been-causing-ships-to-sail-in-circles-11999049?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

It's probably a helpful intervention by the flat earth society making sure these ships don't fall off the edge.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Weird thing happening to ships where their GPS is going nuts and sending them sailing in circles. Nobody is quite sure why.

https://news.sky.com/story/a-maritime-mystery-what-has-been-causing-ships-to-sail-in-circles-11999049?utm_source=pocket-newtab-global-en-GB

This git's to blame: 

barry.png.82bbb73dbea6b600a97add11ab18c8e8.png

Edit Sorry, just noticed this isn't the QQ Thread.

Any P & Bers have an online account with Paddy Power ??

Got an email today apologising for the site being down yesterday but, as i wasn't betting yesterday beyond a couple of early French races, i never noticed.  However, i've just logged in for the Curragh meet tonight and find that i've been given a "free bet" credit of £40.  As i'm a £1 ew or £2ew punter, this credit is disproportionate to the amount i "invest" weekly. Not complaining, but i wonder if the credit was meant to be £4 which would be more in line with my bets.  If it is a mistake, surely they won't withdraw it once it's spotted.

Anyone else get a credit and, if so, does it tie in pro rata-ish with your punts ??   

Edited by hearthammer

40 minutes ago, hearthammer said:

Edit Sorry, just noticed this isn't the QQ Thread.

Any P & Bers have an online account with Paddy Power ??

Got an email today apologising for the site being down yesterday but, as i wasn't betting yesterday beyond a couple of early French races, i never noticed.  However, i've just logged in for the Curragh meet tonight and find that i've been given a "free bet" credit of £40.  As i'm a £1 ew or £2ew punter, this credit is disproportionate to the amount i "invest" weekly. Not complaining, but i wonder if the credit was meant to be £4 which would be more in line with my bets.  If it is a mistake, surely they won't withdraw it once it's spotted.

Anyone else get a credit and, if so, does it tie in pro rata-ish with your punts ??   

Nothing for me but I rarely use them, the odds are usually better elsewhere. I'd lump it on a massive odds on favourite and withdraw your winnings sharpish.

Edited by welshbairn

22 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Nothing for me but I rarely use them, the odds are usually better elsewhere. I'd lump it on a massive odds on favourite and withdraw your winnings sharpish.

Have done a wee double and 2 singles.   1st one Fridtjof Nansen got 3rd in the 17.10 @ 25/1.   Got £12.50 for my £2ew.  Next horse is in the 17.40 Champers Elysees @ 16/1 currently.

Got ma prayer mat oot 👍 

Get in !!!!!   Total back for the double & 2 singles £99.20

Edited by hearthammer

55 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Next to the Daniel O'Donnell and Richard Clayderman on the shelf 

While Gary Glitter is hidden away in the cupboard.

(No, I mean the albums, not the man himself, before somebody pretends to misunderstand for comic effect.)

had a quiche for lunch

(Exciting stuff, please bear with me)

Went for a wee nap earlier because tbh there's not much else to do. Woke up after about an hour or so, was coughing a bit and had a taste of bile. Was struggling to breathe right so got up to get a wee drink of water to dilute the horrible taste at the back of my throat.

Managed to have a couple of sips but tears were streaming down my face by this point and i had a wee coughing spell, was able to breathe a bit easier through my nose but still a bit of a struggle. Lasted about a minute all in.

Started panicking that I might have covid but the wee taste of bile wasn't going wholly away, so I figured I was having a moment a la that bit in Breaking Bad where the lassie was choking on vomit in her sleep and it had woken me up. Sat down and tried to focus on breathing slowly through my nose, took the odd sip of water.

Fucking horrible experience all round tbh, glad it's over. Sorry for using the word bile so much, but it's pretty much been my Word Of The Day.

Guest JTS98

A guy I worked with many years ago (bit of a bellend) has recently been accused of plagiarism in the design of some university courses he was asked to create. Mildly amusing, but nothing to do with me. Until this morning.

Woke up to an email from an organisation that had employed him to do quite a significant amount of work for them. They've decided to back away from him till the plagiarism stuff dies down or is proved either way. Anyway, they explained to him that they couldn't use him for now and it seems he recommended me to them as a replacement. I don't particularly like him and haven't really had much contact with him for about three or four years.

The work starts right away and the value of it means I'll probably take the first six months of next year completely off work.

Feel bad for disliking the lad, but that's fitba.

Decent Sunday, imo.

Edited by JTS98

1 hour ago, JTS98 said:

A guy I worked with many years ago (bit of a bellend) has recently been accused of plagiarism in the design of some university courses he was asked to create. Mildly amusing, but nothing to do with me. Until this morning.

Woke up to an email from an organisation that had employed him to do quite a significant amount of work for them. They've decided to back away from him till the plagiarism stuff dies down or is proved either way. Anyway, they explained to him that they couldn't use him for now and it seems he recommended me to them as a replacement. I don't particularly like him and haven't really had much contact with him for about three or four years.

The work starts right away and the value of it means I'll probably take the first six months of next year completely off work.

Decent Sunday, imo.

This guy will just have to accept what the relevant authorities decide. If it disadvantages him and benefits others, so be it. I'm sure that's a principle you will agree with.

3 hours ago, JTS98 said:

Decent Sunday, imo.

I'm dubious about the integrity of any organisation that would take the recommendation of a suspected plagiarist.

It's a trap!

Remember when they had to close down Gatwick because of drone incursions?

A couple who were arrested when armed police stormed their home and held them for 36 hours over the flying of drones at Gatwick Airport will receive £200,000 in compensation and an apology from police.

Paul and Elaine Gait, who were questioned after the airport was forced to cancel flights and repeatedly close over a three day period during the height of Christmas travel in 2018, have settled their claims for wrongful arrest and false imprisonment in an out-of-court settlement package with Sussex Police.

To this day, no-one has been charged over the incident, and police have said that some reported drone sightings may have been Sussex Police’s own craft.

:lol:

3 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Remember when they had to close down Gatwick because of drone incursions?

:lol:

Police in England are amazing. Not so long ago they were stopping shoppers emerging from supermarkets to check they had not purchased any non- essential items.