Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

12 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Found out today that my grandad was responsible for blowing up a cow in Orkney after he accidentally misdirected battleship gunfire into the wrong field during D-Day training.  I suppose that's why you train for things.

Was your Grandad Jonah? 

Close-up_of_Jonah_by_Ken_Reid.jpg.8590631c335841e8c8892e823e3f5994.jpg

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

Slight tangent, but that has got to be Uncle Alberts best scene. You can even see David Jason trying to hold his smile in.

Between that and his "leave it to me Del, I speak a bit of German" scene in the Nags head. 

Between that and his "leave it to me Del, I speak a bit of German" scene in the Nags head. 

“VOT!! IST YOUR NAME!!!”

Oh, just remembered the other one i love is when he is talking about the kamikaze pilot. He says “I remember telling the skipper, the way he’s carrying on, he’ll kill himself”

21 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

In the cause of being adventurous after attending a funeral yesterday and with the day off, we decided to take a dook in the Forth at Granton this morning. Was good fun even if we were only in a minute or two. My legs still feel mental though

Dropping yourself into cold fresh water apparently decreases the chances of dementia. A One Show fact for you there, so it's probably false. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Dropping yourself into cold fresh water apparently decreases the chances of dementia. A One Show fact for you there, so it's probably false. 

I should be using this brave act to raise money for dementia, as that was one of the illnesses of the person whose funeral we were at #itswhathewouldhavewanted

21 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Not that i know anything about this, but i expect that someone has probably established that old people who go swimming in cold water are less likely to have dementia, and not realised that's because people with dementia are less likely to be out and about. 

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Not that i know anything about this, but i expect that someone has probably established that old people who go swimming in cold water are less likely to have dementia, and not realised that's because people with dementia are less likely to be out and about. 

A quick google suggests Cambridge University have found something in it, a "cold-shock" protein found in regular cold water swimmers which helps prevent degeneration of yer brain. 

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A quick google suggests Cambridge University have found something in it, a "cold-shock" protein found in regular cold water swimmers which helps prevent degeneration of yer brain. 

You need to apologise to the One Show

2 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If you're daft enough to swim in The Forth now, you're probably not going to get much worse.

My work has decided that we need to have cameras turned on in zoom for when we log in in the morning and for any meetings because apparantly isolation has been tough on peoples mental health and seeing other faces would cheer them up.

I'm sympathetic to anyone with such issues but I dare say looking at me won't help them with that, I'm sure there are webcam services available if that's what you're in to.