Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I'm seeing a lot of discussion on Twitter around this video. 

There seems to be 2 attack lines.

1. He's insulting religion by using devil imagery. 

2. He's making overly sexual content that shouldn't be shown as youngsters could watch it. 

I strongly disagree on both points and think the video is quite clever considering he'll have had a lot of people telling him he's going to hell, why can't he play around with it and on the second point the onus is more on the parents to monitor what their kids get up to if they have a problem with it. 

I liked this tweet on the subject.

Anyone got any hot takes on this one? 

Edited by Stormzy

12 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

I'm seeing a lot of discussion on Twitter around this video. 

There seems to be 2 attack lines.

1. He's insulting religion by using devil imagery. 

2. He's making overly sexual content that shouldn't be shown as youngsters could watch it. 

I strongly disagree on both points and think the video is quite clever considering he'll have had a lot of people telling him he's going to hell, why can't he play around with it and on the second point the onus is more on the parents to monitor what their kids get up to if they have a problem with it. 

I liked this tweet on the subject.

Anyone got any hot takes on this one? 

The stuff in the tweet never happened would be my take

1 hour ago, Mr. Alli said:

Spent £5 on a lasagne for one today at Sainsburys, Charlie Bigham (?). It was fucking excellent. It's dear but by christ it was worth it. 

Everything he sells is the bollocks :wub:

Rick Stein's India is a complete delight of a programme. He's such a food enthusiast and seeks out where the locals eat. Last week this guy took him to a restaurant where the napkins were squares of newspaper cut out and hanging from a hook on the wall.

Available on IPlayer, each episode is an hour of bliss. You can thank me later.

Edited by jimbaxters

23 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Rick Stein's India is a complete delight of a programme. He's such a food enthusiast and seeks out where the locals eat. Last week this guy took him to a restaurant where the napkins were squares of newspaper cut out and hanging from a hook on the wall.

Available in IPlayer, each episode is an hour of bliss. You can thank me later.

Rick Stein is my favourite "TV chef" his enthusiasm is infectious. And considering the life TV chefs have it's amazing how many of the fall short of his mark.

Just now, 101 said:

Rick Stein is my favourite "TV chef" his enthusiasm is infectious. And considering the life TV chefs have it's amazing how many of the fall short of his mark.

He spends this whole series taking notes as he watches people cook. Also not afraid to make a fool of himself. This week he didn't put the lid on the wet spice grinder properly and covered his shirt and face with hot oil and spices. Honest and genuine, you never feel like you're being patronised.

Having moved from N.W England a couple of months back, I still seem to suffer from some weird, morbid fascination to check the local news from that area.

This one caught my eye today. liked the second comment at bottom of page.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/police-seize-knives-preston-covid-20273635?utm_source=lancs_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid=946c7b68-955c-4ab9-bcd0-bf149dd74bb6

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Having moved from N.W England a couple of months back, I still seem to suffer from some weird, morbid fascination to check the local news from that area.

This one caught my eye today. liked the second comment at bottom of page.

https://www.lancs.live/news/lancashire-news/police-seize-knives-preston-covid-20273635?utm_source=lancs_live_newsletter&utm_campaign=daily_newsletter2&utm_medium=email&pure360.trackingid=946c7b68-955c-4ab9-bcd0-bf149dd74bb6

Probably heard some scare story that there are people running around and stealing people's jabs.

"Sorry, that one was your's, all of the others here are for other people.  Next...

7 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Available on IPlayer, each episode is an hour of bliss. You can thank me later.

I have the recipe book from this series. Its seriously fantastic.