Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I've fucked my back making the bed, old age comes at you fast. Currently in a hot bath trying to fix it as I've got a concert to go to tonight, deep heat, painkillers and drink will hopefully get me through.

Get Ready Pain GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

8 hours ago, TxRover said:

Tremendous. FIFA are normally pretty harsh on government interference in football, and Suriname are supposed to be improving after decades of losing their best players to the Netherlands, so hopefully this tube doesn't mess it up for them!

Visiting my mum yesterday, and she had been going through all my dad's old things. She said to me she had found a folder at the bottom of his wardrobe and wanted me to destroy it. 

Uh oh, I thought. My old man had a "collection" and it was heading my way. But no, it wasn't that. 

It was typed up police files from his time on the force. Cases he was involved in, from 1971 to 1990. as it contains personal info about people mum thought I should burn it. 

I took it home and have been reading through them. Not exactly the script to Line of Duty. Many, many traffic cases such as folk driving without headlights, leaving the engine running whilst the car was unattended, drink driving and so on. The language is quite dated also. 

A few cases that were a bit funny. The schoolboys caught stealing a toy fish from Boots in Falkirk in 1977 (value, 37p), the students "urinating to the annoyance of police constables" and others. 

It has been a fascinating insight into part of his life he never really spoke about. All he ever said was that he never wanted his kids to join the police, and I can see why. Dealing with drunks, getting assaulted, and the endless list of boring traffic cases.