Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The Sainsburys at Gorgie has the receipt scanning thing. I was there a few months back and only saw it when I was walking out with no receipt, I just walked out and it was fine. 

Good fortune as I’d stolen loads of stuff. Phew!

UPS is now running a close race with Evri as being the worst c**ts in package delivery. Their website “tracking” is laughable, their phone menu is inscrutable, their phone representatives are haughty and their service is apparently modeled on 1980’s Russian labour practices. How you can fail to get a bloody envelope between two planes, in a three hour window, to make a guaranteed delivery window you’re charging a blooming fortune for is insane.

Edited by TxRover

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

In addition to Bonkle I learned there's an area of Wishaw called Gowkthrapple.

Guid Scots name, probably derived from a wood full of cuckoos that was there.

If the scheme was built now they'd use some wanky English phrase like "Cuckoo's Lea"

I was talking to my neighbour yesterday. Hadn't seen him in a while and he looked very thin. He's in his 70s and when you see someone that age lose a lot of weight, you think the worst. 

He told me he had been in hospital, in intensive care for 10 days and had also caught a flesh eating bug whilst in there. But the reason he was in hospital?

An abscess. He described it as "internal" and one of the biggest the surgeon said he had ever seen. They had people come from Glasgow and Dundee to take photos of it. The only way they could get it out was to go in through the perineum. As he described it "they had to lift up the baws and get at it that way". The abscess was so big it left a huge wound right between his scrotum and bumhole. They kept him in intensive care to allow the wound to close a little and waiting for a plastic surgeon to come. 

They put in stitches - as he explained it "stitches on the inside and stitches on the outside".

Anyway, he seems better now and I just wanted to share this with you. 

2 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

I was talking to my neighbour yesterday. Hadn't seen him in a while and he looked very thin. He's in his 70s and when you see someone that age lose a lot of weight, you think the worst. 

He told me he had been in hospital, in intensive care for 10 days and had also caught a flesh eating bug whilst in there. But the reason he was in hospital?

An abscess. He described it as "internal" and one of the biggest the surgeon said he had ever seen. They had people come from Glasgow and Dundee to take photos of it. The only way they could get it out was to go in through the perineum. As he described it "they had to lift up the baws and get at it that way". The abscess was so big it left a huge wound right between his scrotum and bumhole. They kept him in intensive care to allow the wound to close a little and waiting for a plastic surgeon to come. 

They put in stitches - as he explained it "stitches on the inside and stitches on the outside".

I'm currently recovering from surgery for my third one of these. Nowhere near as bad as the one you described but literally a pain in the arse.

20 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

NqtqGf7.jpg

10 hours ago, tamthebam said:

If the scheme was built now they'd use some wanky English phrase like "Cuckoo's Lea"

Would it be full of squatters?

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

How do you end up with this?  Weird arse behaviour IMO.  Your elderly neighbour is clearly a massive pervert.

30 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

How do you end up with this?  Weird arse behaviour IMO.  Your elderly neighbour is clearly a massive pervert.

He's just a lonely guy - his wife died during Covid (6 people allowed at the funeral only). I asked him how he was doing...he told me.

48 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I would suggest not googling Fournier gangrene (although it sounds more like he had necrotising fasciitis from a perianal abscess) 

Edited by Cyclizine

11 hours ago, tamthebam said:

You're cuckoo.

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I was talking to my neighbour yesterday.

Schoolboy error.