Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I don't know how she's evaded me so long but I've just discovered Natti Dredd on YouTube and fallen in love.

Edit : she's fucking in Dundee on Saturday.

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Careful - her dad's a judge with a bit of a temper.

On 11/11/2023 at 21:00, Miguel Sanchez said:

Was it Chris who posted the property listing for 180k the other day that was a hoarder's hovel? I win

3 bedroom terraced house for sale in Nelson Road, London, SW19 (rightmove.co.uk)

I actually sent this listing to my work colleagues who live in London, saying I might move down.  It's a bargain, £700k and almost an entire roof!

The houses on that street seem to sell for around £1m, not sure you could do that place up to the required standard and make a significant profit on it.

13 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

I don't know how she's evaded me so long but I've just discovered Natti Dredd on YouTube and fallen in love.

Edit : she's fucking in Dundee on Saturday.

Happy I Love You GIF by Warner Bros. Deutschland

Julie Fowlis singing this is tremendous as well, also she's quite lovely as well. Big fan of teuchter music. 

Dunno if it's your thing or not, but Niteworks do a fair bit of work with Sian, Air Fàir an Là by them is quite similar vibes. Niteworks new album is really good actually. 

Our next door neighbours must have been vaccinated with gramophone needles - they never use one sentence when ten will do. Yesterday afternoon there was a chap on the door and fortunately for me my wife answered it. It was our next door neighbour with a parcel for us which had been delivered in error to their house. With any normal person the conversation would have gone as follows - Neighbour: "This parcel came to us by mistake." My wife: "Thanks."

Oh no, 5 minutes of shite ensued, "this was delivered by mistake", "I knew it wasn't for us", "we were scared of it getting wet", "we're going out later, so brought it round now" it then sequed into a tale about our previous postie (although this parcel wasn't delivered by Royal Mail) who retired about 3 years ago, delivering a parcel in error. I kind of tuned out at this stage, it was getting close to me ringing my wife's phone to rescue her, which is our usual ploy when cornered by one of them. Nice enough people, but totally incapable of holding a sensible conversation, they just go on and on and on and round in circles, telling you the same thing three different ways.

I knew a man in Coleraine who was similar, although there was a bit of an excuse for him, as he lived on his own. A mutual acquaintance once advised me "The only way to deal with Roy is say 'Hello, Roy', and keep going. Don't say 'It's a nice day' as that will result in a whole debate about the definition of 'nice'.

3 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Our next door neighbours must have been vaccinated with gramophone needles - they never use one sentence when ten will do. Yesterday afternoon there was a chap on the door and fortunately for me my wife answered it. It was our next door neighbour with a parcel for us which had been delivered in error to their house. With any normal person the conversation would have gone as follows - Neighbour: "This parcel came to us by mistake." My wife: "Thanks."

Oh no, 5 minutes of shite ensued, "this was delivered by mistake", "I knew it wasn't for us", "we were scared of it getting wet", "we're going out later, so brought it round now" it then sequed into a tale about our previous postie (although this parcel wasn't delivered by Royal Mail) who retired about 3 years ago, delivering a parcel in error. I kind of tuned out at this stage, it was getting close to me ringing my wife's phone to rescue her, which is our usual ploy when cornered by one of them. Nice enough people, but totally incapable of holding a sensible conversation, they just go on and on and on and round in circles, telling you the same thing three different ways.

I knew a man in Coleraine who was similar, although there was a bit of an excuse for him, as he lived on his own. A mutual acquaintance once advised me "The only way to deal with Roy is say 'Hello, Roy', and keep going. Don't say 'It's a nice day' as that will result in a whole debate about the definition of 'nice'.

Tldr

10 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

My neighbour brought a parcel of mine delivered to them by accident.

I'll give you that one for free.

16 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

Are you living next to Uncle Colm from Derry Girls?

Screenshot_20231113_203121_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0be0197baeadf8566b01de3fdb6a6141.jpg