Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

On 23/01/2024 at 17:07, GordonD said:

The skin graft didn't go entirely to plan - it didn't take properly so my leg is still bandaged. They kept me in until today (Tuesday) but they didn't know until this morning that it hadn't been a success. I was hooked up to a negative pressure device which sucked the nasty stuff out of the wound: they'd been planning to use this even before they decided to go for the graft. Not sure what happens next - I go back to see the consultant in February so he'll probably decide then how to proceed.

That's too bad - all the best for February.

On 25/01/2024 at 07:47, Zetterlund said:

I work with nitrogen and carry it around in the van daily. If I were to asphyxiate myself with it (accidentally or otherwise), apparently as you say it'd be painless and pretty much like falling asleep. The other risk is the atmospheric concentration is such this it doesn't kill you, but starves your brain of oxygen and causes permanent damage.

The yanks like to make a show of it, and no doubt victims' families etc would see being put to sleep permanently but peacefully as too light a punishment.

He'll be dead - what more of a punishment could he get?

On 25/01/2024 at 17:47, Bairnardo said:

Maybe they should just drain all the blood out of them?

Are you talking about the condemned prisoners or Gordon D here?

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

What, actually is that badge all about? Completely bizarre

Taken from the Ayrshire based Boyd clan's insignia, from Wiki...

"The prominence of the Boyds in early Scottish history began with the Battle of Largs in 1263, when Robert Boyd was given a key assignment to take a detachment of men and clear Vikings from the high ground overlooking the beach—as Robert departed to the north, King Alexander III called out "Confido!" (I trust) and indicated the same with his first two fingers of his right hand raised and thumb crossing the palm—a royal gesture and utterance, that subsequently became the clan motto and symbol according to clan history. "

4 hours ago, RawB93 said:

Walsall F.C. - Wikipedia

I had came here today to share my stunning observation made in bed last night that the reason Walsall have a Swallow on their badge is because Walsall is an anagram of Swallow.

Then I fact-checked before posting and discovered that - 

1 - The bird on the badge is a Swift.

2 - Walsall is not an anagram of Swallow.

I had to look it up and the club were formed originally as Walsall Town Swifts, an amalgamation of Walsall Town and Walsall Swifts.

Apparently there has only ever been one club in Scotland called "Town", the obscure Dunbar Town 

4 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

You might like to know that the Barrow badge is based on wordplayTritonNews_BarrowAFC.jpg.38ebaa464e83d2e9a9b1b90682bcaaab.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Bea plus arrrow = Barrow, you see.

This kind of punning is known as "cant" in Heraldry. Whitehill Welfare have a rose and a well on their badge because they come from Rosewell. And are a bunch of cants.

I'm at a job where there's been massive boo boos made from architects right through to builders and its gone too far to fix. I'm doing work on a building that was supposed to be knocked down to keep it afloat as their new build specs never took very major access points for vehicles into consideration. 

I was speaking to a boy from Aberdeen earlier and he was telling me about the Harbour renovation and they were built with plans to have 200mm tolerance on it over 20 years onward movement wise on the walls. They've been up 2 years and they've careered in 700mm already. :lol:.

Genuinely amazing. What's the fucking point.

Sister is staying over & took it upon herself to change the bulbs to LED that are brighter than the Sun.

Everytime you go to the bathroom is like someone chucking a flash-bang.

Made my peace with death this morning. My choice was a tuna can flight in near 50mph winds - which only took off due to the wind direction - or staying on N. Ronaldsay for the foreseeable future. I'm not staying g there, fuckthat.  

Landed in Kirkwall so if I get stranded here it's not anywhere near as bad. Hopefully the flights stay on back to Aberdeen or at least a choppy ferry ride. 

Do not go to North Ronaldsay. There is nothing g there and nothing to do. Locals are friendly enough though.

Get me hame, min.

Edit : gave my number to a boy to be picked up. Some random guy gave us his car at the airport and then over the course of the day 4 different people I've never met phoned. One turned up at the lodging with Lasagne, garlic bread and coke. Wild. Like I say, nice people but a very, very different way of life I couldn't ever adjust to.

20240130_150759.thumb.jpg.9bff4747d4b7934cc253f1c10e52ce05.jpg

My view from the front door. :lol:

Edited by Derry Alli