Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Someone who parked their car on the street outside my house has left their sidelights on. It's been there for a couple of hours, and I've knocked on the door of my neighbours either side with neither of them having knowledge of the car owner.

Have I done my neighbourly duty or should I extend my search outwards? A couple of times when I've done the same, a friendly local let me know so I didn't return to a flat battery.

43 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

Someone who parked their car on the street outside my house has left their sidelights on. It's been there for a couple of hours, and I've knocked on the door of my neighbours either side with neither of them having knowledge of the car owner.

Have I done my neighbourly duty or should I extend my search outwards? A couple of times when I've done the same, a friendly local let me know so I didn't return to a flat battery.

Have they parked in “your spot”? If so, f**k em.

If not, f**k em anyway, it’s Saturday night.

21 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Have they parked in “your spot”? If so, f**k em.

If not, f**k em anyway, it’s Saturday night.

We have a driveway so don't use the street, and the car is in a spot usually only used for visitors to our semi-detached neighbour. There's nobody home there or on the other side. 

I think the right thing to do would be wait for morning, see if they need a push, and pretend not to be in.

4 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

We have a driveway so don't use the street, and the car is in a spot usually only used for visitors to our semi-detached neighbour. There's nobody home there or on the other side. 

I think the right thing to do would be wait for morning, see if they need a push, and pretend not to be in.

Stick a note on the windscreen telling them they left their lights on, and to call if they need a jump start. Then put the number of the neighbour you hate on

11 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

A little slice of P&B debate in east Edinburgh.

20240224_103456.thumb.jpg.6f1534b1e114be839007d73c0664a30a.jpg

It's a shame the church has put black polythene down over the grass or that would have been Lorne Green. 

We've got one of those bins that you just wave your hand over like a really shit Jedi and the lid opens. (I'm very wealthy, yo) 

I've just spent probably 30 seconds waving my hand over the food waste bin and wondering why it wasn't opening. 

25 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We've got one of those bins that you just wave your hand over like a really shit Jedi and the lid opens. (I'm very wealthy, yo) 

I've just spent probably 30 seconds waving my hand over the food waste bin and wondering why it wasn't opening. 

You really should employ a hand waver m9.

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

You're a ghost mate, sorry to break it to you like this.

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I had one of those, then I took in a Labrador and she worked.out how to open the bin.....

2 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Don't you just get the butler to dispose of the food waste?