Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

My youngest had her leavers dance today. One more week and that's us finished primary school. All three in the high school.

I'm not crying.....it's hayfever!

5 minutes ago, RH33 said:

My youngest had her leavers dance today. One more week and that's us finished primary school. All three in the high school.

Leavers dance ? I take it that's another Americism Scots have adopted

1 minute ago, Plumpy said:

Quite possibly but that doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad thing.  Hope the bairns had a great time.

1 hour ago, RH33 said:

You're crying now; just wait 'til it's their last day at the high school and you realise you're also graduating - from "mum" into "granny" territory.

According to a mate.

12 hours ago, Plumpy said:

They call it a prom but that's a step too far. It's a dance with pizza at school hall to celebrate finishing P7.

No limos to be seen!

She has a great night.

51 minutes ago, RH33 said:

They call it a prom but that's a step too far. It's a dance with pizza at school hall to celebrate finishing P7.

No limos to be seen!

She has a great night.

I remember the days when you finished school you just left, mabye some 'egging' but that was about it. Glad she enjoyed it, I've got two granddaughters just about to start school so no doubt I will get to experience their major schooling events.

12 minutes ago, Plumpy said:

I remember the days when you finished school you just left, mabye some 'egging' but that was about it. Glad she enjoyed it, I've got two granddaughters just about to start school so no doubt I will get to experience their major schooling events.

There always seemed to be some kind of retribution on the last day of school at the place I went to. Someone thumped one of the teachers, and another did some kind of damage to one of their cars.

7 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There always seemed to be some kind of retribution on the last day of school at the place I went to. Someone thumped one of the teachers, and another did some kind of damage to one of their cars.

Our last day of secondary school, we wrecked our common room. Opened a tin of sardines and put it in the air vent (hoping that it would spend the summer holiday stinking the place out). Stole the cue ball from the pool table. Took the fuse out of the hi fi plug. 

Happy days. 

13 hours ago, Plumpy said:

I had a 'prom' type thing when I was at school. Was great.

Think you've missed out

Was at a farmer’s market in Cumbernauld last week, down at the Craigmarloch Tesco car park. It’s really good, some cracking local butchers and bakers have stalls. I nipped into the Tesco for a lavvy trip while Mrs P and her sister head into the market area. I find them at a stall where the baker has a tasty looking selection of sausage rolls, pies & bridies etc. Mrs P pipes up ‘I fancy one of these chicken & mushroom pies, anything you fancy?’ I have a look and say I’ll have one of the chicken, haggis, and peppercorn sauce pies. The stall holder says ‘They both look the same, want me to bag them separately so you know which is which when you go to cook them?’ Without thinking, and without hesitation, I reply ‘Ach it’s OK, we don’t mind munching on each other’s pie’…. Couldn’t stop it, no chance. It was out there… to sniggers from everyone in earshot. Instant beamer, whit’ a riddy’… spluttering, vague noises of ‘erm, eh, oh shit’… then I looked, looked everywhere, but just couldn’t find a Kenneth Williams gif anywhere in that car park.

6 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My sister bought a treadmill off a boy that was still paying the finance off on it :lol: Said he’d built it up then hadn’t even looked at the thing 

"One careful owner. Needs run in" 

On 20/06/2024 at 06:54, Plumpy said:

Nah...we had a leaver's disco as far back as the early 1980's. 

12 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Nah...we had a leaver's disco as far back as the early 1980's. 

I left school in 1977. We had a final assembly, then prize giving then that was it. My lasting memory was seeming some of the 6th year girls (down boy!) clinging to the pillars at the school entrance.  The only school based party we had was the usual torture of the Christmas disco.