Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I have been having a problem with HMRC for over two years.  I had made an official complaint and finally got a very detailed and helpful email from a guy in March asking for further information which I sent but then no further action.  Sent him a follow up in April, still nothing.

Then put in a Tier two complaint last month and finally got an email today saying the guy I had previously corresponded with had left and could I forward the follow up emails as they can’t trace them!

HMRC are a fucking shambles.

3 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I have been having a problem with HMRC for over two years.  I had made an official complaint and finally got a very detailed and helpful email from a guy in March asking for further information which I sent but then no further action.  Sent him a follow up in April, still nothing.

Then put in a Tier two complaint last month and finally got an email today saying the guy I had previously corresponded with had left and could I forward the follow up emails as they can’t trace them!

They got massively downsized for ten years post merger, by about 50%. Then they had to divert massive amounts of resources and management bandwidth first to Universal Credit then to a whole new customs regime for outside the EU all while reorganising the whole estate. 

It's no wonder it's a shambles. 

43 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Updating your name to The Granny Danger? 

57 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

It's almost as if cutting staff and paying the remainder below inflation 1% per year pay rises over the last 20 years means they don't give a flying f*ck and all the good staff have gone elsewhere. 

Still, at least some public money has been saved for Covid PPE and Liz Truss's budget. 

Yesterday I had to go for something called an Abdominal Aorta scan. This is an age-related thing and not triggered by any symptoms or other treatment I've been having but apparently if there's something wrong it can be life-threatening in extreme cases. It takes about five minutes and is done by ultrasound on the belly, like with pregnant women, but they don't give you a picture at the end!

Anyway, mine came back all clear so one less thing to worry about.

53 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Yesterday I had to go for something called an Abdominal Aorta scan. This is an age-related thing and not triggered by any symptoms or other treatment I've been having but apparently if there's something wrong it can be life-threatening in extreme cases. It takes about five minutes and is done by ultrasound on the belly, like with pregnant women, but they don't give you a picture at the end!

*scores @GordonD off 2025 Dead Pool list

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

I remember getting this a few years back.  It’s disconcerting getting a letter out of the blue for something you’ve never of before that sounds like it could be serious.

Fucking NHS and their preventative care.   :angry:

4 hours ago, GordonD said:

I've had that, too. You only get it done once.

7 hours ago, scottsdad said:

The wife is offski again for a week. 

Football on the big TV tonight.

Thought you'd like it on the viewscreen Captain.

29 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Refer to earlier insult!

It is impossible to watch a game with her. And she does offer.

She turns into a conspiracy theorist. The refs, linesmen and VAR are all bribed. Players, even, play shite on purpose as part of some scheme.

So, the wee tv normally for me.

14 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

She turns into a conspiracy theorist. The refs, linesmen and VAR are all bribed. Players, even, play shite on purpose as part of some scheme.

All classic signs of the Falkirk fitba fan, if I'm not mistaken.

2 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

All classic signs of the Falkirk fitba fan, if I'm not mistaken.

Not sure the average Falkirk fan would be into VAR conspiracy, as they are somewhat lacking in experience.

10 hours ago, GordonD said:

My dads scan found an aneurysm that required an operation to resolve. It was a major operation but if he hadn’t had the scan the aneurysm would have ruptured which has a 80% fatality rate.