Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

My Granda was telling me of an old Accies fan called "Fergie" today. I was in tears at some of the stories he told me. I'm looking for a thread about him. Surley there's one!

I can remember him getting lifted at the old Douglas park before the game even kicked off, he was shouting abuse at the players warming up :lol:

My lack of work and therefore money over the summer has resulted in me spending too much time sitting on my arse scranning for the sake of it, and I've put on a bit of holiday podge. It's very important to say the least that I'm looking at my best this Saturday, so I feel I have no choice but to go on a bit of a one week, crash diet.

5 days and 5 meals, that's it. I know it's not good for you on the long term etc etc but I'll be back in Glasgow soon with the cheap uni gym to help me keep it off. It'll be a long, light-headed week though. sad.gif

My lack of work and therefore money over the summer has resulted in me spending too much time sitting on my arse scranning for the sake of it, and I've put on a bit of holiday podge. It's very important to say the least that I'm looking at my best this Saturday, so I feel I have no choice but to go on a bit of a one week, crash diet.

Whit's happening on Saturday, dude?

Danny Cipriani to Switch to Football?

I know it's by no means confirmed that he is swapping rugby for football, buy i'm trying to think if anyone else (as high profile anyway) who has swapped sports?

There have been a few people who have switched between Rugby League and Union and vice-versa. Did Gavin Hastings not play American Football in the UK for a bit?

Dwain Chambers tried his hand at rugby. I'm sure Andy Goram played cricket for Scotland.

Andy Goram did play international cricket for Scotland. I am sure he was offered a cotract with a county team in England but decided to play football instead. The only rugby and football one I can think of is (and I am sure somebody will be able to tell me the name of the guy) but I remember my dad talking about a guy who played for Hearts and Rugby for Scotland, possibly in the 70s.

There have been a few people who have switched between Rugby League and Union and vice-versa. Did Gavin Hastings not play American Football in the UK for a bit?

Yep, he was the kicker for the (now defunct) Claymores for a bit. I don't think he did very well.

I just noticed that you've already discussed that in your previous Infowire thread...oops!

Edited by Breaking Decency

Yep, he was the kicker for the (now defunct) Claymores for a bit. I don't think he did very well.

I just noticed that you've already discussed that in your previous Infowire thread...oops!

Do you mean to say I answered my own question 3 years ago?! Cosmic!

I have a mate who played with accies who used to get verbally abused by Fergie on a weekly basis.

His usual insult was away and get a shave ya mocket looking b*****d.He scored twice one day and thats what he shouted at him againlaugh.gif

God rest Fergie.

Edited by seamus

I the last month I have been through Glasgow Central 8 times.

On 7 occasions the community wardens at the front entrance have been issuing or about to

issue a fixed penalty ticket for littering to someone who has dropped a fag butt.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be handing these out, but surely they should be patrolling the

city trying to been seen and keeping the city centre better,

rather than sculking around the entrance to the station all day making easy hits and easy money.

I the last month I have been through Glasgow Central 8 times.

On 7 occasions the community wardens at the front entrance have been issuing or about to

issue a fixed penalty ticket for littering to someone who has dropped a fag butt.

I'm not saying they shouldn't be handing these out, but surely they should be patrolling the

city trying to been seen and keeping the city centre better,

rather than sculking around the entrance to the station all day making easy hits and easy money.

Why? If they patrol the city centre, then Glasgow Central will get manky as they won't be there! At least they're keeping one place tidy. I've no sympathy at all for anyone caught dropping cigarette ends.

Why? If they patrol the city centre, then Glasgow Central will get manky as they won't be there! At least they're keeping one place tidy. I've no sympathy at all for anyone caught dropping cigarette ends.

I was under the impression that it's their job to patrol the whole city centre, rather than loiter at one spot.

I am not sympathetic to anyone caught - just wish the wardens would make an effort across the whole area. They seem to be hanging about in a money making exercise.

Edited by MEADOWXI