Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

The Arbroath vs Cowdenbeath match thread is fairly amusing. My link.

Seems Cowdenbeath have a fairly thuggish element to their support but the rage from both sides (Arbroath fans in particular) is quite funny.

This kicked off in the earlier fixture this season: that thread was equally amusing. But the 'fans' kicking around Cowdenbeath (mostly neds) are mostly knuckle-draggers who get protected by the stewards at their home games. They tried to start trouble against a Morton mini-bus last season until they got telt.

There were, in fact, refrigerated ships ( reefers ) in use in the early 1800s .

However, since your relative is described as a " most successful reefer ", who erected machinery on the Victoria Reef, then later had reverses in mining, it looks like the reference is to the Aussie slang word for someone who mined the Quartz reefs which supplied alluvial gold . :)

ETA. Just noticed that Swampy has already confirmed that Reefer ships were in use in early 1800s. :)

Cheers for this.

It all makes sense now, as Bendigo was very big on Quartz mining back in those days.

Edited by A-Mac

The Arbroath vs Cowdenbeath match thread is fairly amusing. My link.

Seems Cowdenbeath have a fairly thuggish element to their support but the rage from both sides (Arbroath fans in particular) is quite funny.

"cowden til i die" outing himself as a thick ned I see. Not entirely surprised by that revelation.

"cowden til i die" outing himself as a thick ned I see. Not entirely surprised by that revelation.

He also appeared to have a minor breakdown while sporadically posting "4" across the thread. A rather embarrassing effort all round from the boy.

Guest The Phoenix

A pound coin was thrown onto the pitch at Ibrox. Police are trying to determine whether it was a missile or a takeover bid.

It was the sum total of the collection amongst Killie Fans.

I got into my class today and my pupils were all 'can we please just revise for our oral exam this afternoon?', so I was all 'yeah, ask me if you've got any questions', so now I'm sitting on the internet.

I have another class this afternoon, but it's been cancelled as my colleague's off ill.

I get paid about €18 an hour for this shit.