Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

Maybe this should be on the bad tattoo thread or something but here is an attempt at a restoration of a Spanish fresco by an 80 year old wifie in Spain.

_62428391_frescopic.gif

Jesus H Christ

Mentioned on 5Live's Up all Night, art corespondents description was of a ''crayon sketch of a very hairy monkey in an ill fitting tunic'' :lol:

It was indeed in relation to the spattered face of Jesus. I'd rather not share in P&B bukkake.

Being the target in the middle of a bukkake ring made up of the likes of dundeebarry, Ric, Ad-Lib, Supras, C Muir and The Phoenix doesn't really appeal to me either.

My neighbour and some guy I don't recognise (possibly my other neighbour) have been standing in my drive way and walking around my garden for about half an hour.

I kinda feel like I should ask why, they both know I'm in the house and have seen me as they walk past the windows.

Does this kind of thing go on all the time when I'm not here unsure.gif

My daughters boyfriend of 5 years asked me yesterday if he could propose marriage to her whilst on a romantic holiday with her next week. I thought that was a very noble and gallant gesture. I guess good manners are still in fashion in some places and I would be honoured to have him as part of my family.

My daughters boyfriend of 5 years asked me yesterday if he could propose marriage to her whilst on a romantic holiday with her next week. I thought that was a very noble and gallant gesture. I guess good manners are still in fashion in some places and I would be honoured to have him as part of my family.

It's a bit of an antiquated gesture, is it not? I wouldn't have dreamed of asking my father-in-law for permission. Surely what the partners feel is appropriate for each other is the most important thing.

It's a bit of an antiquated gesture, is it not? I wouldn't have dreamed of asking my father-in-law for permission. Surely what the partners feel is appropriate for each other is the most important thing.

I'd agree. I'd never have asked my father-in-law, it's hard enough getting him to answer polite small talk about the weather without laying something like that on. Awkward enough already.

In my case it's not that, I get along fine with my father-in-law. I just think it's something best considered by the pair in question without outside interferences.

tinkerbelle, hypothetically, what would you have expected him to do if you'd said no?

I think they would have went ahead anyway. I just though it was a nice gesture.maybe not to everyone's liking then but that is life I suppose.

Both my sons asked their father in laws permission, as you say it's a nice gesture. I suppose it depends on the in laws also, what type of family they are. Both my sons father in laws are good men and appreciated being asked

A nice gesture for who? The father-in-law? Yeah, probably, if he likes having his ego stroked. Treating the prospective bride like an autonomous human rather than her daddy's property would be my personal preference, though.

Both my sons asked their father in laws permission, as you say it's a nice gesture. I suppose it depends on the in laws also, what type of family they are. Both my sons father in laws are good men and appreciated being asked

A nice gesture for who? The father-in-law? Yeah, probably, if he likes having his ego stroked. Treating the prospective bride like an autonomous human rather than her daddy's property would be my personal preference, though.

Perhaps the chap asked permission in a 'Oh and while you're in a good mood, would you mind paying for eveything' type of fashion.

After all, it's he is joining the family and probably best to get off on the right foot.

I wouldn't expect a fucking tedious w****r like you to understand, now away and bait some other fucker wi your pish

My husband asked my dad too, we'll be married 8 years this Tuesday.

I wouldn't expect a fucking tedious w****r like you to understand, now away and bait some other fucker wi your pish

He makes a perfectly sensible point.

What's going to happen if the bride's father says no? They're going to get married anyway, that's what.

Why do you treat it as bait if you think it's a good idea?

Perhaps the chap asked permission in a 'Oh and while you're in a good mood, would you mind paying for eveything' type of fashion.

That would be a bit sneaky but understandable.

After all, it's he is joining the family and probably best to get off on the right foot.

Not sure if you're reading my posts before replying to them but I did say:

"Yeah, we obviously have different opinions on it but if I had a daughter and someone asked permission I'd be pretty shocked, and not in a good way."

and

"A nice gesture for who? The father-in-law? Yeah, probably, if he likes having his ego stroked. Treating the prospective bride like an autonomous human rather than her daddy's property would be my personal preference, though."

I'm obviously speaking hypothetically as I don't have kids, but I'd question the motives, guts, and regard for my daughter if a prospective husband asked me about marriage before asking her.

He makes a perfectly sensible point.

What's going to happen if the bride's father says no? They're going to get married anyway, that's what.

Yeah, and then there's awkwardness.

Or what if the guy asks permission, is refused, and then doesn't propose? What does that say about his desire to marry the woman in question?

It's a completely needless can of worms in a day and age in which women are considered people and not property, in my opinion, and the fact that none of its proponents can find anything beyond "it's nice and polite" as a justification for it demonstrates this.