Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I spewed my guts at 5's after 15 mins there, dece.

I done that the last time I played GA 5's, towards the end of the game when Fudge waltzed by me to score. If he wasn't as fast I would have spewed on his legs.

I have just learned tonight that dead pension thief, Robert Maxwell was the Labour MP for Buckingham from 1964-1970. This may or may not be common knowledge.

Is there scope for a TYLFTFTTTOPMOMNRACK thread?

(Things that you learned for the first time today that other posters may or may not regard as common knowledge)

Anyone who believes the story of Noah and the ark needs sectioned for the good of society.

Aye, for the best really

I've played football with the guy a few times and I thought he seemed like a smart guy, then he added me on Facebook and I saw his ramblings about how atheists are the cause of all the evil in the world, naturally I asked him to explain how that was the case.

Needless to say I was met with nonsensical superstitious nonsense,the "word of god" he called it.

Just started a new job, all was looking good until I started getting these weird emails from elderly women wanting their shrubberies trimmed. Then I get summoned for a supposedly important meeting, no lights are on in the room, and there's just this sound of leaves brushing against each other. I ran straight out to the car park, and found this guy hiding behind a lamp post. We didn't talk.

Just started a new job, all was looking good until I started getting these weird emails from elderly women wanting their shrubberies trimmed. Then I get summoned for a supposedly important meeting, no lights are on in the room, and there's just this sound of leaves brushing against each other. I ran straight out to the car park, and found this guy hiding behind a lamp post. We didn't talk.

Tat sounds like the opening paragraph to a potentially interesting/funny novel.

There's some amount of aliases clogging up the forum these days. There's always been the regularly occurring ones (Livingston ones, St Johnstone one, couple of Celtic ones and couple of Rangers ones), but there seems to be millions at the moment, almost all of which appear to be just the same handful of deeply unfulfilled people going into multiple account overdrive. Presumably it's the time of year and they've all just got loads of time on their hands because the schools are off.

Anyone who believes the story of Noah and the ark needs sectioned for the good of society.

But it is real. I saw it. It had that weird named weather man who turned out to be Noah and his Santa fetish wife wasn't too bad either...

Sent from ma phone using Pie & Bovril mobile app

There's some amount of aliases clogging up the forum these days. There's always been the regularly occurring ones (Livingston ones, St Johnstone one, couple of Celtic ones and couple of Rangers ones), but there seems to be millions at the moment, almost all of which appear to be just the same handful of deeply unfulfilled people going into multiple account overdrive. Presumably it's the time of year and they've all just got loads of time on their hands because the schools are off.

I'd appreciate a "s" being put at the end of that. There's more than one St Johnstone poster with aliases Ill have you know

Got a letter from my solicitor basically saying: 'Despite you paying over £1000 in fees just to buy a house, you still owe us the grand sum of 40p. Pay up."

Pretty sure I transferred exactly what they asked for in the previous letter too.

I spewed my guts at 5's after 15 mins there, dece.

This reminds me of a scouts athletics day at Pitreavie. Having no interest in athletics, I never signed up for my troop but my mum dragged me along to watch my brother in the cubs event. However, disaster struck as my mate twisted his ankle and my leader had to look to the stands for a replacement, i.e. me, to run whatever the event is that you run around a proper sized track twice.

So, I line up on the track in my jeans and canvas shoes (being laughed at naturally) with f*** all warm up and as the gun goes I just run full pelt, leaving the experienced going at a sensible rate. Not surprisingly I end up being miles ahead after the first lap knackered but with the crowd cheering me on as the big underdog (well, 15 of them maybe), I persevere and despite the others making up ground, I dramatically cross the line as the winner only a few metres ahead of the guy in second.

At that point I just ended up staggering on and ended up spewing all over the track. Again, the rest of the crowd in the stand laughed but my contribution helped our troop to an overall 1st place. At that point I retired from athletics, boasting a 100% winning record. Even Bolt never managed that (which naturally makes me better than him).

... and I've just been informed by the other half that the beers in a bag in the kitchen which I raided for watching the football last night were part of her Father's Day present. I'm not too popular.

This reminds me of a scouts athletics day at Pitreavie. Having no interest in athletics, I never signed up for my troop but my mum dragged me along to watch my brother in the cubs event. However, disaster struck as my mate twisted his ankle and my leader had to look to the stands for a replacement, i.e. me, to run whatever the event is that you run around a proper sized track twice.

So, I line up on the track in my jeans and canvas shoes (being laughed at naturally) with f*** all warm up and as the gun goes I just run full pelt, leaving the experienced going at a sensible rate. Not surprisingly I end up being miles ahead after the first lap knackered but with the crowd cheering me on as the big underdog (well, 15 of them maybe), I persevere and despite the others making up ground, I dramatically cross the line as the winner only a few metres ahead of the guy in second.

At that point I just ended up staggering on and ended up spewing all over the track. Again, the rest of the crowd in the stand laughed but my contribution helped our troop to an overall 1st place. At that point I retired from athletics, boasting a 100% winning record. Even Bolt never managed that (which naturally makes me better than him).

... and I've just been informed by the other half that the beers in a bag in the kitchen which I raided for watching the football last night were part of her Father's Day present. I'm not too popular.

Malarial dream IMO

My mate has just told me he's going to be a dad, and I'm godfather.

I'm 21 and I seriously don't know how to react to this, am I meant to be shocked or happy?

My mate has just told me he's going to be a dad, and I'm godfather.

I'm 21 and I seriously don't know how to react to this, am I meant to be shocked or happy?

A bit too early for your liking or you unsure of his missus?

His misses had a Bairn at 19 ad has worked for everything they have, alongside him as the "stepdad". It's more the shock if being told they are having a baby.

I am of course happy for them but at the same time in shock for being offered the godfather gig

His misses had a Bairn at 19 ad has worked for everything they have, alongside him as the "stepdad". It's more the shock if being told they are having a baby.

I am of course happy for them but at the same time in shock for being offered the godfather gig

I too have recently been asked to be my best mates newborn daughters godfather.....you should be proud.....yeh its an element of responsibility but he's obviously a very good friend....so its worth the effort...no?

PS - I can understand your reluctance as you're still relatively young (not being condescending)....I'm 37 & had similar concerns!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Pie & Bovril mobile app