Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

not being a good liar, or brave enough to risk being found out for avoiding a former 'friend' and her now fiancée's house warming I have said I will be there:) :unsure:<_<

I'm now wondering the age old -do I drive and factor in a potential leave early (its like killie to edinburgh) if its crap- or do I go by train, risk making a tit of myself after drinking, and being stuck before the next train at like 6am.

its not a great quandry -like will I actually be struck down by the plague that weekend- but its bugging the hell out of me.

not being a good liar, or brave enough to risk being found out for avoiding a former 'friend' and her now fiancée's house warming I have said I will be there:) :unsure:<_<

I'm now wondering the age old -do I drive and factor in a potential leave early (its like killie to edinburgh) if its crap- or do I go by train, risk making a tit of myself after drinking, and being stuck before the next train at like 6am.

its not a great quandry -like will I actually be struck down by the plague that weekend- but its bugging the hell out of me.

Why is it that you don't really want to go? Is this 'friend' a former fuckbuddy, girlfriend or what?

I've been dragged along to a few of these sorts of things that I didn't really want to go to but just shut up and took the hit. I actually found myself quite enjoying them so maybe you will as well.

I'm terrible at lying about these things so any time I have it's been through a cowardly text. If Glasgow Uni pieced together all of my emails they'd see that my sister has been married about 4 times and I've had about74 different grans die

Got our Contract Exam back today. Was a wee bit disappointed with my grade, but considering only one person got an A (and the lowest A mark available at that) at least I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

Got our Contract Exam back today. Was a wee bit disappointed with my grade, but considering only one person got an A (and the lowest A mark available at that) at least I'm in the same boat as everyone else.

I always got A's at school and was shocked when I went to uni that I was 'only' getting B's. Your work ethic and lust for learning is probably a billion times higher than mine though so you'll be fine.

Had to give my yearly talk to the section, for my PhD today. Was absolutely shitting myself. All the doctors and professors who do anything remotely similar to what you do are there. Before it, I emptied my bowels and my mouth was bone dry throughout. Felt like I was on drugs. Didn't help that I was up half of last night preparing. f**k it, it's over now though, I'm off to the pub.

Edited by Gordon EF

I always got A's at school and was shocked when I went to uni that I was 'only' getting B's. Your work ethic and lust for learning is probably a billion times higher than mine though so you'll be fine.

Yeah, it's just going to take a bit of getting used to. The results across the year for the Contract Exam look pretty grim, but I was hoping to get a B (got a C2 in the end). It's odd how whenever everyone leaves an exam thinking it went well it was actually a communal car crash, but when they leave with feelings of angst the results are almost always better!

Had to give my yearly talk to the section, for my PhD today. Was absolutely shitting myself. All the doctors and professors who do anything remotely similar to what you do are there. Before it, I emptied my bowels and my mouth was bone dry throughout. Felt like I was on drugs. Didn't help that I was up half of last night preparing. f**k it, it's over now though, I'm off to the pub.

Nasty! Mine is next week (I think). I'm dreading it, absolutely dreading it.

Yeah, it's just going to take a bit of getting used to. The results across the year for the Contract Exam look pretty grim, but I was hoping to get a B (got a C2 in the end). It's odd how whenever everyone leaves an exam thinking it went well it was actually a communal car crash, but when they leave with feelings of angst the results are almost always better!

I've got a re-sit for an exam next week I didn't even know existed.

Bet you wish you were as focused as me.

At school I would be disappointed if i got less than 90% in most tests/exams but at Uni I once got 4% (yes, 4 percent) in an Earth Science exam. I answered 'trilobite' and 'rugose coral' for almost every single answer knowing that I'd have to get at least one or two right.

The lecturer looked at me that way your parents do when what you've done is so bad it's beyond meriting a shouting at.

At school I would be disappointed if i got less than 90% in most tests/exams but at Uni I once got 4% (yes, 4 percent) in an Earth Science exam. I answered 'trilobite' and 'rugose coral' for almost every single answer knowing that I'd have to get at least one or two right.

The lecturer looked at me that way your parents do when what you've done is so bad it's beyond meriting a shouting at.

My dad told me a while back how in his first year he got 14% in one of his Maths exams when doing his BSc. Sort of puts my "distinctly average pass" into perspective!

Why is it that you don't really want to go? Is this 'friend' a former fuckbuddy, girlfriend or what?

I've been dragged along to a few of these sorts of things that I didn't really want to go to but just shut up and took the hit. I actually found myself quite enjoying them so maybe you will as well.

I'm terrible at lying about these things so any time I have it's been through a cowardly text. If Glasgow Uni pieced together all of my emails they'd see that my sister has been married about 4 times and I've had about74 different grans die

see that's not really my preferred term, in fact I'm not sure I have a preferred term but in essence...yes -though that's the thing, it was one of those things where it was never overtly discussed, it just happened..quite a lot.

then she moved countries virtually overnight and I applied for and got the gig here, so I haven't seen her since march last year and now I'm invited to a house warming out the blue?

its the whole be nice -and I will be of course- when frankly there's a whole discussion that never happened/wont happen/should happen thing that does my head in.

I'm going now anyway, i decided.

I'll get the train at least then the day can't be totally terrible.

I'm going now anyway, i decided.

I'll get the train at least then the day can't be totally terrible.

I had a couple such incidents like that...I refused to go, after all, what hurt the most was being so close and having so much to say, and then watching her walk away. Cowardly texting is the way to go.

My dad told me a while back how in his first year he got 14% in one of his Maths exams when doing his BSc. Sort of puts my "distinctly average pass" into perspective!

I once got 5/20 for a politics essay at uni. All the lecturer wrote on it was "reminiscant of shabby tabloid journalism". To be fair i wrote it in about an hour, but still, you do feel quite bad for a while when you get the result back!

I once got 5/20 for a politics essay at uni. All the lecturer wrote on it was "reminiscant of shabby tabloid journalism". To be fair i wrote it in about an hour, but still, you do feel quite bad for a while when you get the result back!

I once answered a question about freshwater invertebrates Ostracods by simply writing "I have no idea".

the marker awarded one mark for honesty!

I should point out I don't share such marking sensibilities apparently.

Nasty! Mine is next week (I think). I'm dreading it, absolutely dreading it.

I feel quite lucky in that anyone who will have the remotest idea what I'm talking about are the people I work with anyway.

I also don't have to concern myself with this until October-ish.

Edited by The Master