Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

just had some oxtail soup (covent garden) and having not had it before it was quite pleasant. -a little like hot and sour but without the hot and sour elements.

in general, would I eat it again..maybe.

its not my favourite soup, but its a helluva lot better than yesterdays apple and sweet potato which was vile.

I'm finding i'm increasingly unable to drink 2 nights in a row. Had a fairly hefty carry-out last night and went to bed about 3:30am, then spent the whole day in bed (which is the norm for a Saturday when I'm not at the game). Got up about 7, had some dinner and opened a bottle of cider at 8. I've struggled through 2 pints, and have only just poured my third now. And every time I smoke a fag I feel really queasy. These binge weekends are apparently a young man's game. :angry:

I'm finding i'm increasingly unable to drink 2 nights in a row. Had a fairly hefty carry-out last night and went to bed about 3:30am, then spent the whole day in bed (which is the norm for a Saturday when I'm not at the game). Got up about 7, had some dinner and opened a bottle of cider at 8. I've struggled through 2 pints, and have only just poured my third now. And every time I smoke a fag I feel really queasy. These binge weekends are apparently a young man's game. :angry:

Tell me about it, hardly had a sip tonight and I feel like shite. <_<

I got this for Christmas as a joke present. Just picked it up for the first time tonight and it is a right good laugh :)

Some might think this would be an RTBC, however, this is how I am spending a Saturday night so that would most definitely be a PTTYGOYN so that balances the equation :)

I had haggis for the first time as part of a large breakfast in the pub yesterday. TBh I don't get its prupose as a food item, it seems like a non-spicy version of black pudding. Even though it's the spices that makes the flavour in black pudding.

I had haggis for the first time as part of a large breakfast in the pub yesterday. TBh I don't get its prupose as a food item, it seems like a non-spicy version of black pudding. Even though it's the spices that makes the flavour in black pudding.

Black Pudding can be a little strong in large amounts.

The point's a fair one, but it's a bit like asking why have rice without a sauce when it has no taste with it. Doesn't inherently disqualify it as a worthwhile food.

Black Pudding can be a little strong in large amounts.

The point's a fair one, but it's a bit like asking why have rice without a sauce when it has no taste with it. Doesn't inherently disqualify it as a worthwhile food.

I'd agree with this. Really it depends what maker etc, some -as Vton has experienced lack much of the flavour of the best. But food isn't inherently designed for its purpose to be flavour its a source of chemical energy with which we carry out body processes.

but it does help the eating process.

Stornoway Black Pudding, the proper stuff, has none of the crap spicy taste, and is 100% better. It shouldn't be the spice that flavours black pudding, but Halls et al, that mass market it make it as cheaply as they can.

I've got a lecture at 4-6pm tomorrow. I dislike this lecture slot quite a bit. Though it means I can lie in my bed until 1 without missing it, it means that I generally can't be bothered doing anything when I get home. Petty, yes, but I do like to moan about insignificant things.

Unfortunately, we also have a cup replay tomorrow, and I'm getting a strong urge to take the car and go to Airdrie after my lecture. I really, really don't want to go, but it's playing on mind.

I've got a lecture at 4-6pm tomorrow. I dislike this lecture slot quite a bit. Though it means I can lie in my bed until 1 without missing it, it means that I generally can't be bothered doing anything when I get home. Petty, yes, but I do like to moan about insignificant things.

Unfortunately, we also have a cup replay tomorrow, and I'm getting a strong urge to take the car and go to Airdrie after my lecture. I really, really don't want to go, but it's playing on mind.

I didn't even have to think twice. I knew I was going as soon as the FT whistle went last night.... even though I don't really want to :(