Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

An 86 year old relative had a bad fall, blood all over the place, and a bad cut on her arm. She got whooshed to hospital and had these wee butterfly stitches put on her arm. OK, not as bad as it could have been, but she's getting on and it was a brammer of a cut.

She was told to get the dressing looked at and changed the next week. She phones the local surgery to be told that doctors don't deal with that sort of stuff nowadays, and that she'd have to see the nurse.....and the next appointment available with a nurse is in 3 weeks. The surgery advised her to head back to the hospital.

So, the next time blood is skooshing out a head wound and you don't get seen right away, you know what the problem is.

I have the option of taking a job that more or less doubles my salary, plus overtime on top. The problem is, it's 40 miles away and I've heard rumours that that the job may not exist for longer than a year, but nothing has been clarified by higher management.

I genuinely wasn't bothered about the job in the first place, but that kind of raise would be nice.

Real noodle scratcher.

What's the likelihood that they'd bring you back in to a similar position once the temp one finishes?

Depends on what you'd value more; that extra two hours a day, or the massive increase to the coke 'n' hookers conservatory extension budget.

What's the likelihood that they'd bring you back in to a similar position once the temp one finishes?

Depends on what you'd value more; that extra two hours a day, or the massive increase to the coke 'n' hookers conservatory extension budget.

It's not a temporary position, so my current job would be filled behind me.

The area I'd be moving to, has rumours of being amalgamated with another department a year down the line. I'd probably have to take a pay off (which wouldn't be much due to length of service in that position)

Leaving me up shit creek without a soap dish to throw it with.

The area I'd be moving to, has rumours of being amalgamated with another department a year down the line. I'd probably have to take a pay off (which wouldn't be much due to length of service in that position)

If you told your current employers about the offer would they tell you to fcuk off then or offer you a pay rise to stay?

An 86 year old relative had a bad fall, blood all over the place, and a bad cut on her arm. She got whooshed to hospital and had these wee butterfly stitches put on her arm. OK, not as bad as it could have been, but she's getting on and it was a brammer of a cut.

She was told to get the dressing looked at and changed the next week. She phones the local surgery to be told that doctors don't deal with that sort of stuff nowadays, and that she'd have to see the nurse.....and the next appointment available with a nurse is in 3 weeks. The surgery advised her to head back to the hospital.

So, the next time blood is skooshing out a head wound and you don't get seen right away, you know what the problem is.

There's a strange disconnect between hospitals and your GP sometimes. There's been a couple of times recently where we've had stuff done at the hospital and our GP knew nothing about it. All the better when he was supposed to be having me in for regular checkups and didn't know anything about it until a couple of months after they were supposed to take me off the medication I was on :lol:

I doubt that's any different to before they had all these new-fangled joined-up networked database and systems, though.

You've already come up with your own answer, I think.

Although the raging post in a years' time will be a joy to behold, once you've heard that the prospective department is to be saved and the incumbent given an even bigger salary :P

If you told your current employers about the offer would they tell you to fcuk off then or offer you a pay rise to stay?

It's the same company so I'd be moving internally, albeit in an entirely different field.

Don't think a wage rise would be on the cards tbh.

Laddie just passed the window next to me on the street below and yelled, "I see you, ya dirty c**t!" to his pal on the other side of the street. Due to some weird acoustic anomaly, it sounded like he was right behind me.

Pants. Soiled.

What an absolute numpty :lol:

I've read it's actually a rather smart move so he doesn't have to pay 5 million to some guy. He's declared himself as an individual bankrupt but has put his cash against any business he has, or something. It's a loophole type thingway I think.

I've read it's actually a rather smart move so he doesn't have to pay 5 million to some guy. He's declared himself as an individual bankrupt but has put his cash against any business he has, or something. It's a loophole type thingway I think.

Exactly what I was thinking; it usually is with these rich arseholes. Anything to avoid paying their debts. Do any P&Bers know of other organisations that may have had a similar outlook on their spending? :P

Still, spending your career bragging about your finances before declaring yourself bankrupt :lol:

No it's not, his assets are nearly matched by numerous debts from lost lawsuits. He's skint.

No it's not, his assets are nearly matched by numerous debts from lost lawsuits. He's skint.

I just read this

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/14/does-50-cent-enjoy-trolling-more-than-money

“This filing for personal bankruptcy protection permits Mr Jackson to continue his involvement with various business interests and continue his work as an entertainer, while he pursues an orderly reorganization of his financial affairs,” Brewer wrote in a statement.

I personally don't believe he's skint. Not a chance.

Sounds like she got whooshed by the hospital too.

RimshotBadumtsh.jpg

I just read this

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/jul/14/does-50-cent-enjoy-trolling-more-than-money

“This filing for personal bankruptcy protection permits Mr Jackson to continue his involvement with various business interests and continue his work as an entertainer, while he pursues an orderly reorganization of his financial affairs,” Brewer wrote in a statement.

I personally don't believe he's skint. Not a chance.

Can we all agree that it's a shame that one of the numerous folk who have shot him weren't a better shot?