Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I was seeing a girl who drank apple sourz and lemonade. It didn't last long. Have a proper fucking drink.

holy shit :lol: bet you loved going to the bar,

"2 pints of lager, a jack and coke, vodka diet coke and Em *cough cough*

- apple sourz and lemonade please."

At a work 'night out' (basically going to the shitehole of a pub across the road) a few weeks back I got the first (and only - you think Aberdonians are cheapskates, Yorkshire folk make us look positively generous) round. I was expecting 'normal' drinks, but I ended up with a list of odd drinks half of which I hadn't even heard of.

What the hell is 'Passoa'? I'm still not sure if Sambuca is an acceptable tipple to chose for a few post-work drinks. I've not been eyed as disapprovingly by a barman since I ordered a round and accidentally left the Guinness until last when I was in first year of uni.

How's the back doing Fudge?

Better now, thanks.

Let's take a look at common drinks types that contain less than 2 units of alcohol

Pint of beer/lager/cider at less than approx 3.5 % - this is basically water. Reconsider your choice of beer/lager/cider

Lager shandy - hello sailor

Bottle of beer/half pint- You'll need to buy another in 5 mins. Bottles are a false economy

Alcopop - u wot m8?

Single spirit - why didn't you get a double?

Better now, thanks.

Let's take a look at common drinks types that contain less than 2 units of alcohol

Pint of beer/lager/cider at less than approx 3.5 % - this is basically water. Reconsider your choice of beer/lager/cider

Lager shandy - hello sailor

Bottle of beer/half pint- You'll need to buy another in 5 mins. Bottles are a false economy

Alcopop - u wot m8?

Single spirit - why didn't you get a double?

Happy to drink bottles of lager at home, but I've always been bemused by folk who by them at bars. They often cost as much as a draft pint. Unless you actually just want one small drink (e.g. Designated driver), or there is a beer you really really want that they have bottled but not on draft (happened to me literally once when I wanted a bottle of MB for nostalgic reasons) what's the point?

Happy to drink bottles of lager at home, but I've always been bemused by folk who by them at bars. They often cost as much as a draft pint. Unless you actually just want one small drink (e.g. Designated driver), or there is a beer you really really want that they have bottled but not on draft (happened to me literally once when I wanted a bottle of MB for nostalgic reasons) what's the point?

I should have said I was referring to buying drinks in a pub.

SSN using the FM database and Tony Cascarino to pick out a new striker for Man United. Absolutely awful. They're even comparing players as if you would in the game, comparing finishing stats etc.

Happy to drink bottles of lager at home, but I've always been bemused by folk who by them at bars. They often cost as much as a draft pint.

Made extra worse at puddle-drinker frequented clubs / festivals where they're forced to pour the bottled content into clear plastic pint glass.

"Here's what's clearly just over a mere half pint. That'll be £4.50 please"

Made extra worse at puddle-drinker frequented clubs / festivals where they're forced to pour the bottled content into clear plastic pint glass.

"Here's what's clearly just over a mere half pint. That'll be £4.50 please"

Nothing worse. I'm not a big spirit drinker, I like whisky, but things like whisky I think are better in a pub or at home, so at clubs I've tended to go for beer. Paying extortionate prices for half filled plastic pint cup of water after waiting half an hour to get served.

No wonder I never want to go to clubs any more.

Seriously? They're worried about her receiving "insensitive and insulting" messages? :lol: