Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

21 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

For baking, measurement kit is an absolute must. I don't do baking tho, that's the wifes bit of the ship. I do the cooking which is fucking class. Love cooking. Accuracy not so important.

Cooking is fucking brilliant. Baking I don't enjoy so much, mainly because I don't really eat sweet stuff, but I do bake occasionally.

I like baking, especially when I use my Dutch oven, although I haven't done it in a while. Nothing more satisfying than producing a Bakewell tart and shoving your partners double decker pus under the covers.

Being single's pure shite, but I suppose it has some Ken of Berks.

14 minutes ago, Dee Dee said:

I like baking, especially when I use my Dutch oven, although I haven't done it in a while. Nothing more satisfying than producing a Bakewell tart and shoving your partners double decker pus under the covers.

Being single's pure shite, but I suppose it has some Ken of Berks.

Individual Dutch ovens are a waste, no element of surprise. You are only kidding/killing yourself. 

G-Bo 

We have a similar style of measuring spoon kit in the kitchen but all one colour. I suppose if you bake enough the colours come in handy with knowing which one to use without having to check it if you use them enough.

I dont bake either i cook and do it by guessing and throwing stuff together. Cooking is the tits when you are in the mood.
Make an awesome hot and sour curry and my lemon grass and thai chilli sauce for duck is amazing. Not once have i measured anything accurately just chucked in what looks to be a good measure and check by taste

Individual Dutch ovens are a waste, no element of surprise. You are only kidding/killing yourself. 

G-Bo 

Can't say I've ever ventured beyond a sniff test, so I'll bow to your greater experience on this one Gildo, you crazy pump buzzing mentalist.

I just saw a guy in Tesco paying using £1 notes. Haven't seen in years before that. Didn't think you could still use them. Also where the f**k did he get them from?

Purchased a big baguette when I was in and have been pretending it's a guitar that I'm playing

5 hours ago, throbber said:

I have two different types of teaspoon and one is about double the size of the other! Also things like half a tablespoon is a good accurate measure to have rather than having to estimate it. Plus the spoon set only cost about 5 quid.

5 quid? Fucking hell!

Just saved Mrs Biggies life there, as she almost choked to death on a piece of pork chop. Moral of the tale.....don't try and have a chit chat with your sister on the phone as you're trying to eat a meal.

Thank you.

It's strange that I feel the need to tell a bunch of strangers on the internet this, but I spend so much time on here that I feel almost comfortable doing it.

I hadn't been able to get a hold of my dad since yesterday and I was worried so I left work early and nipped round to his house.

No answer at the door so I let myself in and found him upstairs in bed.  He'd been dead for a day the doctor reckons. 

I'm totally numb at the moment.  I feel like I need an adult to tell me what I need to do, but the guy I would normally go to isn't able to help me anymore.

It's strange that I feel the need to tell a bunch of strangers on the internet this, but I spend so much time on here that I feel almost comfortable doing it.

I hadn't been able to get a hold of my dad since yesterday and I was worried so I left work early and nipped round to his house.

No answer at the door so I let myself in and found him upstairs in bed.  He'd been dead for a day the doctor reckons. 

I'm totally numb at the moment.  I feel like I need an adult to tell me what I need to do, but the guy I would normally go to isn't able to help me anymore.

Sorry to hear that mate. Hope you are ok

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That's harsh man.  Hopefully you have support IRL.

Was it expected?

4 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Sorry to hear this D, take care mate.

Jeeso mate, that's awful. Just don't feel you need to be strong for anyone, everyone deals with these things differently. I lost my own dad a couple of years ago, reasonably young in his late 50s so I can relate to how your feeling.
I'm sure you've got a good family around you but it'll take a few days or even weeks before you feel anywhere near normal again but you'll get there.

Thank you guys.  It was very unexpected, which I don't know if that makes it better or not.

He had been away on holiday with us last month and my sister was there and all his grandkids, so it's comforting to know that one of the last things he did gave him so much joy.

Sorry to hear that mate.